Linksys WRT3200ACM as a wired router

that is a scary phrase, sounds like a breakfast cereal

so i went to the website and read scary things like
"At this time, there has been a stoppage of new builds"
and
"if I distribute a new build, this will soft brick anyone..."

Oh, I didn't see that since I stopped flashing before that message even appeared because unrelated to Davidc502 there were breaking changes in the LEDE version line itself. The fortified ROM I mention has it's own OpenWRT forum BTW: Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds
I'd go with a standard one first (non fortified) - that's what I did few years ago when I got my 3200 - and then you can switch to a fortified one if you are adventurous or like security like me. Always follow any tutorials very precisely and carefully and unfortunately custom ROM flashing can have a risk. Despite that I'd never buy a non OpenWRT supported router and I'd rather brick a router than rely on factory ROM which have gaping security holes.

Hi I am very happy with the WRT32x, it's great, nice little router. I think getting your WRT3200 for £120 was a bargain! @Vanburen

Yeah I think I was lucky to get it at that price. In case its of use to anyone, the WRT3200ACM-UK is currently on offer on amazon.co.uk for £139.

Unfortunately yea, the golden years are over :frowning: