Linksys WRT3200ACM 3 antennas ssid help

Hi.

First day ever on OpenWrt. I'm so lost.

My Linksys WRT3200ACM AC3200 MU-MIMO Gigabit WiFi Router has 3 'antennaes' with 3 different frequencies.

I set the 2 something to my main SSID. I set the 5 something to my separate SSID (with a 5 at the end of the name).

Everything seems to work Ok as far as connecting all my devices to my router.

But it shows me that one anetanne (bottom) is at 0% so I'm guessing it's not setup properly or broken?

Help?

Thanks in advance.

Don

27%20AM

The third radio (radio2/Marvell 88W8887) is a 1x1:1 internal antenna. In the stock Linksys firmware, it is used for detection of radar emissions from Weather Doppler Radar, Aeroports, Military Installations, & Amateur Radios as part of its DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) certification for operating at 5GHz CH 52-144. People don't really recommend using it for anything other than IoT or low bandwidth devices given that it has a relatively short range.

I suggest that you read this thread to figure out how to enable radio2 from the SSH/CLI. The post that is relevant is this, but I suggest you read through the whole thread to understand some of the quirks in setting it up.

Disclaimer: I do not own the 3200ACM. I own the 1900ACS and build custom OpenWrt images for it, reading the forums for researching what settings and features/optimisations to put in my custom image often lead me to threads with other WRT AC devices.

3 Likes

Well said @ParanoidZoid. I have a WRT3200ACM and just leave radio2 disabled.

1 Like

Hi.

Thanks SO much for your help. From what I read on here it seems that it's best to just turn it off.

Thanks again.

Don

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.