Linksys WRT1900ACS - Wifi Connectivity Issues on 19.07.0

Took a bit of a look at the two httpstorm patch contents, contrary to the remarks in the CC PR you linked above, they are not meant to override TX power; pretty much fall through as per the original code. They do attempt to add:

• 160 MHz on 5GHz
  • Cyclic delay diversity
  • remove CC lockdown on mwlwifi
  • remove CC lockdown on mwifiex

so the target device is really the rango and venom.

Hi all, I can confirm the same experience with WRT1900ACS. I bought the device in summer of 2019 and after a few day with stock FW changed it to DD-WRT. Quite a few months I observed the poor 2.4GHz connection speeds and link drops. Reverting to stock resolved link speed immediately. Then switched to OpenWRT. Initially I thought it was better, but after a few weeks I realized it was the same intermittent 2.4GHz speed. My workaround was I select 20MHz bandwidth, bg-only support. It is now quite stable, though I'm still concerned about one or two link drops for the last month.

Once I experienced for 5 GHz:

Resolved it by router restart and thought it might power save mode.

Hope there will be resolution to that WiFi instability as for the same price I could get 3 ASUS N18U devices.

To add to the discussion. I am having an issue with the latest OpenWrt version (19.07.2) and a WRT1900AC (v1). I am going to try OpenWrt version 18.06.1 and will update this thread if that helps.

Edit: Version 18.06.1 did not work for me, it gave me the same issue as the latest OpenWrt version.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Is your SSID the same as your 2ghz network? Mine is and I'm running into trouble with that setup.

See [Fixed] WIFI connectivity issues when upgrading from version 19 to 22 for a possible fix to at least some of your problems.

1 Like