Linksys WRT1900AC OpenWrt issues

Hi, I installed OpenWRT openwrt-22.03.2-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900ac-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and I have run into several issues.

I had to hook up a serial port to find out why it was not booting, turns out it was booting from partition 1, I reset the env to 2 and it boots but its not consistent. I have to turn it off and on again several times before it actually boots.

I put it all together only to find out that I couldn't log into it, so I had to open it up again, put on the serial cable and reset the root password.

After I put it all back together, and rebooted several times, I noticed that no wifi was showing in networks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is this a new install, or upgrade ?

1 Like

While orthogonal to your issue, 22.03.x is known to be broken for this hardware (switch acting like a hub, without the required isolation) - it's therefore strongly recommended to use either 21.02.x (which has gone EOL now) or current master snapshots (strongly preferred), both of which are not affected by that issue (the router would still boot and 'mostly' work, though.

1 Like

Hi, can you point me towards the file that I should be using, I applied what I thought was the latest snapshot version (openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900ac-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) and I still do not see any Network -> Wireless options.

Check dmesg for errors, is this a V1 or V2, you appear to identify both above. If V1 there is a kernel size change to deal with.

Yes you are right, I was applying the v2 image, I reapplied the v1 version but still getting the same issue. I cannot add/edit any wifi options, I also do not see any errors in any of the logs. openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900ac-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

If I issue a iw list I see nl80211 not found.

I looked through dmesg, I don't even see it attempting to find the wifi.

Don't understand the nl80211, unexpected, dmesg dump from a mamba flashed with a 5.15.107 image today.

Did you upgrade the kernel size reservation by flashing a factory image.