Linksys WRT1900AC 5ghz Wireless "Device is not active" and "Wireless is not associated" with same SSID

I set both SSIDs to be the same, just like documented here: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz under the same SSID or separate ones?, but now I'm currently getting the attached errors.

Here is my /etc/config/wireless. Anyone see anything glaringly wrong?

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '11'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'soc/soc:pcie@82000000/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option country 'US'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option macaddr '94:10:3e:7d:f5:e2'
        option ft_over_ds '1'
        option ssid 'testnetwork'
        option encryption 'psk2'
        option ft_psk_generate_local '1'
        option key 'xxx'
        option ieee80211r '1'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11a'
        option path 'soc/soc:pcie@82000000/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/0000:03:00.0'
        option htmode 'VHT80'
        option country 'US'
        option channel '100'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
        option device 'radio1'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option macaddr '94:10:3e:7d:f5:e3'
        option ft_over_ds '1'
        option ssid 'testnetwork'
        option encryption 'psk2'
        option ft_psk_generate_local '1'
        option key 'xxx'
        option ieee80211r '1'

I have been having issues with my 5g as well with the same router: Linksys WRT1900ACv2. I came on this forum to see if others had reported the same thing or if my hardware was starting to go. I am going to try downgrading to 19.07.2

I have been having issues with my hardwire internet as well. Have to see if the downgrade fixes that too.

edit: Downgrading to 19.07.2 lets me connect using 5ghz wireless. Will let you know if my internet connectivity recovers as well.

Are you using the same SSID for 2ghz and 5ghz?

I use different sids. I should note that I selected a specific channel instead of using auto. I first noticed dropping connection when turned on auto. Since then I have been having issues. Not sure if it’s in combination with upgrades.

Anyone still facing this issue? I'm having this drop after some time of use. It's very annoying. I tried to use a specific channel for both 2.4 ang 5. Both networks started to drop. I'm trying to use 2.4 with specific channel and 5 in auto. 2.4 is n and 5 is ac only.

I'm using OpenWrt 19.07.4.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

I ended up reverting to an older version of OpenWrt. I am currently not using the router so don’t remember the exact version

Well, after letting the country as driver default and channel as auto, and using 40Hz range, AC only, the 5GHz is stable, but far from previous performance. With 80Hz range the performance was completely unusable.

I'm happy again to have it stable.

2.4GHz is using fixed channel with 40Hz range as well, N only.

BTW, there's 2 other threads that seem to suggest against this: