Linksys EA8500 no serial output

What voltage do you see on signal cable in both cases?

At this point, describe in detail led activity on the device... from the time power is applied...

So on the router, it will start with the big flashy white led quickly turns on, and after half a second or so, it will go off again.
Then the green light will switch on and off on the LAN port 1 to 4 and finally the WAN port.
Afterward all the orange led's will turn on, and off.
And finally only the LAN port 1 green led will blink, when the router is connected to another device (switch or pc or...)

Does that sounds right?

1 Like

Hello I juts created this account for anyone having this issue with a EA8500 US version with PCB 305 (XD), and with no possibilities to update via web due to the signed new firmware.
I recently bought a EA8500 with all the above hardware, it did not responded the serial inputs for the FTP method.
After a couple of hours and 3 USB to TTL (fully working on other units), which include Ft232rl, Cp2102 and CH340. I discovered there is not connexon between the Tx PCB via and its pull-up resistor, the resistor is marked as RM327 and it is located right in front of the serial vias. The connexon should be to the extreme closer to the via, you can check this with a multimeter, the other extreme is VCC. You can use a pogo pin or solder a wire to the via or your connector, then you can send serial commands and complete the FTP method. I retested the 3 USB to TTL and all of them worked after solder a wire.