Linksys EA4500 5Ghz wifi connections drop

Hello,

I have Linksys EA4500 (Viper) with Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l) on OpenWrt 21.02.0 r16279-5cc0535800 / LuCI openwrt-21.02 branch git-21.327.65561-7f37a58

All my devices have connection drop on 5Ghz. My SONY TV, Apple HomePod Mini, iPhone 12, even my Macbook. My AP is close to all my devices so it's not signal strength issue either.

It disconnects for a few seconds. I did not find a solution and don't even know how to debug this

please help

Please try a 21.02 snapshot or master snapshot first, there was a bug affecting mwlwifi and ath9k, which might affect mwifiex(?) on your device as well. While this will be fixed in 21.02.2, it's not fixed in 21.02.1, so you need to look at the snapshots for now.

1 Like

the official 21.02.2 is not out for hardware revision 1. snapshots don't have UI and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to openwrt so I was waiting for a release which is not coming?

and this is a ping test. is this normal on 5G and close distance?

I tried snapshot of 21.02.3 with no luck. still get connection drops every hour

Any chance you are using a dfs channel? If so, change to a non dfs channel and see if that improves things.

1 Like

I changed it from auto to channel 36

should I also tick "WMM Mode"? don't know what that does. also "Disable Inactivity Polling" box is not checked

2 Likes

WMM should be on.

unfortunately none of those changes made any difference. still have wifi issues.

have to abandon OpenWRT and revert back to stock firmware :confused: