Linksys E8450 can't upgrade firmware

I bought an used E8450 with Openwrt ubi allready installed but the problem is that i can't upgrade it.
I can ssh to the device upload a new image and run sysupgrade or upgrade from luci and it reboots but it still shows same snapshot version ( r17443-90e167abaa) as before the upgrade.
If i start it into recovery-mode that i haven't been able to use tftp to upgrade the firmware.

I do have an PL2303 usb>serial if needed but what image should i flash?

See the snapshot link in the hardware data -

1 Like

I wondered if i should flash linksys_e8450-ubi-initramfs-recovery.itb, linksys_e8450-ubi-squashfs-sysupgrade.itb or the openwrt-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin that is linked from https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e8450
To recover the device since i can't upgrade like normal.

Based on that revision, I think that that it boots into the recovery OpenWrt instance of that UBI variant created by @daniel. Revision matches the recovery installer 0.5.3

You likely have kernel crash log files in /sys/fs/pstore directory. Delete those files manually from ssh console, or cold boot the device (power off).

You might also copy the contents of the files to here.

1 Like

That sounds to be correct, i had no logs in /sys/fs/pstore directory.
It was using OpenWrt2020 theme but after i changed it to Dark theme (System>System>Language and Style>) then i was able to flash mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-squashfs-sysupgrade.itb to the device and restore my config backup.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.