Linksys E3200 - Jumbo Frames

Hi there, I have an old Linksys E3200 that I'm repurposing as a "managed switch". I've installed OpenWrt 18.06.1 on it, and I've got most of it configured. I'm trying to get it to support jumbo frames, adding this to /etc/config/network doesn't seem to have any effect:

config interface 'lan'
	option ifname 'eth0.1'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option mtu '9000'

The TOH says that it's running a Realtek rtl8366rb, and that support for jumbo frames was discussed in https://dev.archive.openwrt.org/ticket/7977 but doesn't seem to have been merged (the openwrt-18.06 branch, in target/linux/generic/files/drivers/net/phy/rtl8366rb.c doesn't seem to have those changes)

Is there a way we can get this re-reviewed and merged? It appears that if we send a jumbo frame to the switch without enabling jumbo frames, the entire switch resets (all connected devices indicate link down, then link up after a couple seconds), making network connectivity unusable.

Thanks!
Joel

(Moved to the For Developers section.)

Would it help if I try to rebase the patch myself? I don't have an entire build environment ready, but I can try to just rebase and make the patch apply on master.