Linksys 2nd partition

Hi to all, I use a Linksys that has 2 partitions, everytime I reboot it boots to the other partition.
How can I write the settings of partition A to the partition B;
Generate archive from partition A and upload that archive to partition B is enough;

Thank you.

This is not normal... Is your device broken?

I guess not. It seems its working fine except that.
Except yesterday I rebooted to the same settings again. I wonder under what circumstances the settings are changing;
Iam asking because a while ago I had a setup 192.168.144.1 and then changed it to 192.168.1.1 and after a reboot it had become 192.168.1.144. And after a reboot became 192.168.1.1 again. Its strange

This is not normal, the bootloader should not switch to the alternate partition unless the device fails to boot, or you inadvertently reboot it quickly several times in a row.

1 Like

I did reboot several times in a row. Maybe that was the problem, other than that time it reboots fine

Booting several times in a row shouldn't be a problem, as long as you give it the time to boot up completely. Yanking the power lead (or hitting the power button) while it's still in the process of booting is exactly what will trigger the crash detection and switch to the failover partition set.

3 Likes

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=ed087cba8a8e41f76f9487caa34eff926ea8a065

Based on this thread, there may be differences between the EA3500 and EA7300 - maybe post your Linksys model/version:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/add-support-for-linksys-ea7300-v2/74563/18

This is not normal, the bootloader should not switch to the alternate partition unless the device fails to boot, or you inadvertently reboot it quickly several times in a row.

1 Like

Well it's working fine, I guess as eduperez said, lots of reboots in a row makes this happen. I consider this thread closed. Thak you all for helping out and participating.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.