Leftovers in luci config file?

Hi

I have upgraded upgradable packages on my 18.06.2 3200ACM. Looking in the config files after this I found this

config ifstate
        option interface 'GAST'
        option ifname 'radio0.network1'
        option bridge 'false'

config ifstate
        option interface 'lan'
        option ifname 'eth0.1 radio1.network1 radio2.network1'
        option bridge 'true'

config ifstate
        option interface 'VOIP'
        option ifname 'eth0.4'
        option bridge 'false'

config ifstate
        option interface 'DMZ'
        option ifname 'eth0.3'
        option bridge 'true'

config ifstate
        option interface 'mail'
        option ifname 'eth0'
        option bridge 'false'

in /etc/config/luci.
Those ifnames are incorrect (the interfaces have other vlan tags now) and it's also not all interfaces ..
For me it looks like those entries are left over from some kind of change in the configuration files ..
Can I remove it?

It's not recommended to upgrade packages.

I believe that those are LuCI's way of saving previous state when doing edits. A year or so ago, it used to "pollute" /etc/config/network with some strange entries that, as I recall, began with underscores. Now, from what I understand, it keeps its "scratchpad" in its own files.

I can't comment in detail as I don't use LuCI on any regular basis, but those certainly look like the "old state" of your bridges.

Yes, bulk-upgrade of packages is not recommended. If you run into strange problems of any sort with your device not running as you expect, you probably should re-flash with a clean ROM and a fresh set of packages.

1 Like

I currently do not have any problems ... it's just that I found this in the luci config file and wondered what this is. As the data is incorrect and not reflected in the UI and the system (checking with ip addr,..) I assume this can be removed. But I don't want to break things.

Also, this has definitely been in there before upgrading packages ...

1 Like