LEDS Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800

Hey all!

This is my first post in this forum of the wonderful OpenWrt.

I would like to configure all the LEDs on my Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 like they suppose to be working. This in the GUI of OpenWrt.

More info you can find "here".

My configuration at this moment.

All advice and suggestions are very welcome.

Big thanks!

Alex

What is it exactly you are asking?
The LED's on the R7800 should work as intended under standard Openwrt (19.07). No extra user action should be required.

Thanks for replying.

Running OpenWrt 19.07.3 r11063-85e04e9f46 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.136.49537-fb2f363

At this moment only the power LED is on and white.

No other LEDS are on.

So they are not working as they suppose to be.

Big thanks!

Hi can you update? You are 3 builds out of date. Then post back with info about your LEDS

Looks like it only pre-configured these 4 LEDs

Other LEDs are also enabled, but are directly controlled by the drivers (Power, WLAN2/5, LAN switch LEDs) and are not visible in the config file.

All R7800 LEDs work ok with default settings both in master and in the 19.07 branch, including 19.07.6.

(19.07.3 is ancient, but that should not have much impact, as the LEDs have worked ok for the whole time to my knowledge (once the WLAN LEDs got properly enabled in 2017/2018).)

It sounds like you have the LEDs turned off, check the switch on the back next to the reset button.

3 Likes

Indeed that was it. Thank you so much! But I'm such a noob :see_no_evil::joy:.

Like @simon_b Says the light where turned of bythe switch in the back. Caused that only the power light is on. Big thanks all!

Topic closed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.