LEDE on TP-Link Archer C50, but the install Instructions is in polish

K den :disappointed_relieved:

Looks like factory firmware is on the way: https://git.lede-project.org/?p=lede/mkresin/staging.git;a=commit;h=cfdd3f260e13d78feb232831c220e190e927c290

1 Like

Didn't work for me. Archer C50 HW V1. Latest official firmware. Will try to roll back to old firmware.
When I try to upload I've got the following error:

Error code:4506. The uploaded file does not match the device's current hardware version.

I'm from Poland.
The tutorial you linked is basically the standard TFTP flashing method. If you have troubles with understanding this one just look for any other TFTP flashing tutorial for TP-Link devices.

Are you having troubles with a particular part of the tutorial?

I've tried the following:
-flash via web interface from stock to openwrt sysupgrade as adviced here, but got error 4506;
-flash this brand new lede factory snapshot for c50, but got same error.
Just now I was about to try the tftp method, but after reading the last post, I became afraid to brick the device.

I don't know if a EU device can flash general firmware but i post my general recovery firmware here if you need. After flash my firmware using my TFTP can you try my advise again ?

This recovery is for openwrt, right?

It's stock firmware (for TFTP method). I've used it several times and it's ok for my router.

Sorry, but I'm not folowing... How can this recovery help me install openwrt or lede?

It's first firmware released and the only one accepts openwrt firmware while laters doesn't. I think it's worth to try :slight_smile:

Oh, I see! I'll give it a try!

It worked! Flashed stock, then upgraded to openwrt and then to lede.
Thanks to all of you, especially @danghuy1994. Your help was much appreciated.

I was able to reproduce @danghuy1994 's recovery firmware by taking the original version of the Archer C50_V1_150325 and stripping the first 512 bytes (0x200). That's the recipe if for some reason the dropbox file becomes unavailable.

You're welcome :relaxed: But I hope someone will optimize and have a deep look at this device because its hardwares are pretty great (except for 100Mbps ports :grin:)

Why are they putting 100Mb/s ports in 2017?

I'd like to update my second post "TL;DR". So just to confirm, you:

1. Downgraded original firmware using TFTP danghuy1994 firmware (ArcherC50v1_tp_recovery.bin)
  2. Then from the downgraded original firmware using standard firmware upgrade page, you used openwrt-ramips-mt7620-ArcherC50-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
  3. Then from OpenWrt you used lede-17.01.1-ramips-mt7620-ArcherC50-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Yes, these were the steps I followed.

I have 5 Archer c50 that i'm trying to use with LEDE,
now I have this behavior, after some wifi (about 10) 2.4Ghz connection
the ip packets stops over this radio1.
After some minutes the router restart and this appens again and again.
This is little better then before with OPENWRT also I have this hangs
but I have to restart the router manualy.
Whit LEDE the 2.4Ghz low power level is solved, but we still have this
problem.
Any other have this behavior?

@manu69x Since your problem is not related to installation instructions, please open a new topic for your question.

My experience with Archer C50 V1 and stock firmware (looking old, uses frames): downloaded the factory image, upgrade using stock and everything just works. No TFTP etc. was needed.

Thanks for the awesome experience!

1 Like