LEDE Image Issues (davidc502 builds WRT3200ACM)

Hello, I have been using davidc502 builds for my Linksys WRT3200ACM router and as of recently noticed some major issues which I am unable to overcome without reinstalling/upgrading the image. Randomly (sometimes after a few days or even weeks) the router becomes unresponsive. It cannot be pinged, cannot be SSHed, wired clients have no Internet connection, and wireless clients also have no Internet connection. The only thing normal is that the SSIDs are all being broadcast. Even restarting the router after powering it off for minutes at a time does nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? What can I do to resolve it? Should a more stable release of openWRT/LEDE be used?

i have had davidc502 builds running on a wrt3200acm for the past 8 weeks. no lockups at all..
the only problem that i have experienced was loss of internet browsing after refreshing the dnscrypt -proxy resolver list; this happened once, about two weeks ago, and has not happened since.

your symptoms sound hardware-related to me - heat, power suppply instability, bad flash memory.

1 Like

@weaponG

There haven't been any reports of those types of issues.

You should try DDWRT.

Thanks,

It began happening a few months back. Perhaps it is a router/hardware issue. However, when I switch partitions via on/off switch I am able to get into the alternate partition (which is a vanilla LEDE partition that I never use). Do you know of any way that I can perform diagnostics on the router (logs, etc) so that I may pinpoint the issue?

I really appreciate you getting back to all of your supporters. I have been running your builds for over a year on the same WRT3200ACM unit and have not had problems such as the one described. It began happening a few months back. Perhaps it is a router/hardware issue. However, when I switch partitions via on/off switch I am able to get into the alternate partition (which is a vanilla LEDE partition that I never use). Do you know of any way that I can perform diagnostics on the router (logs, etc) so that I may pinpoint the issue? I would rather run your builds than any other builds. I appreciate your work.
[/quote]

Try DD-WRT is that sarcasm lol? DD-WRT does work extremely well with some routers that it doesn't in OpenWrt (R7000 for example), but I always think of the WRT3200ACM as being best in OpenWrt.

No sarcasm here. For folks who might be having issues others are not, it's a good idea to rule out a particular image.

1 Like