Lede as a dedicated QoS /Bufferbloat appliance

Something that is working now:

Well after giving up on BufferBloat appliances between my PEPLINK and switch and trying and failing to get something that would not hamper my connections between my PEPLINK and modems, I went back to the position between the PEPLINK and switch.

My initial attempt there had been very similar if not identical to Orangetek's solution. Namely just have a lan cable coming into the switch/lan side of the router and back out again to the switch and apply bufferbloat control not to the bridged switch (br-lan) but to the switch eth1. As I reported previously, in that position I had poor results applying bufferbloat control to my "fat pipe" from the PEPLINK which was the aggregate sum of 4 10 mbps connections.

Strangely in the same position using the WAN port of the R6300v2 as the point of contact with the single lan cable from the PEPLINK and using the 4 lan ports as connections to my game computers I have a satisfactory connection.

Every web page opens well and by applying a speed of 16000 (less than half the speed possible about 38000 kbps max) and an upload speed of 1500 (about 3/5 of possible) I always get an A or A+ on bufferbloat from dslreports/speedtest

So the WAN port on the LEDE box is given an ip of 192.168.1.2 and has a static reservation on the PEPLINK which has the default address of 192.168.1.1. The LAN ports on the LEDE box are given an IP of 192.168.2.1 and assign DHCP to the game computers which also have static reservations on the LEDE box.

Now why this works so much better on the stream of information on the fat pipe from the PEPLINK I do not know, but it does in practice.

A nice thing about this arrangement is most of the office equipment and etc are just like normal and since bufferbloat is not a problem for them it isn't applied with any reduction in speed.

I've not tried sufficiently to see if this arrangement will work with a single lan cable going from the LEDE box to the switch....so all machines would have bufferbloat control. Initial testing suggests that R6300v2 is not up to the task. With just the 4 game computers on it, it frequently hits a load of .3 to .5 and I'm guessing that a higher powered LEDE router with a faster CPU might be necessary in that position....like that used by Orangetek.