LED configuration broken with latest Luci 21.301?

Hi.
Devices : Netgear R6220, WNR3700v2 ; Linksys MR8300
OpenWrt 21.02.1

By default, 21.02.1 uses Luci 21.295. I'm able to setup and edit LED configuration.
When updating to Luci 21.301 (base and mod-system), LED configuration doesn't work anymore. Nothing happens if I click on the Add LED Action button.

Same result if I use custom builds which have Luci 21.301 as default.
It may be a regression of some sort.

Hello,

Quickly , if you are using cmd line
opkg list-upgradable |cut -d ' ' -f 1 |xargs opkg upgrade
you should receive this kind of error

Collected errors:

• resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/luci is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/luci-opkg.
  • resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/ucitrack is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/ucitrack-opkg.
  • resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/uhttpd is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/uhttpd-opkg.

So, with the help off ssh, search on your device all the -opkg file
find / -name "*-opkg"
and diff/replace etc.

Indiscriminately updating everything is potentially harmful. Don't give this as a one-size-fits-all advice.

2 Likes

... then you are using a version of LuCI that has not been tested or designed for the system it is running on.I am not entirely surprised that some things break, even if the LED configuration is an odd place for breakage.

What exactly were you hoping to gain from updating LuCI anyway?

I have just used luci to update itself. Just default repo, so I assumed it is designed for the system.
It's not a matter of updating : if I create a custom build, it will receive Luci 21.301, and LED config menu fails.
I have just tested with a fresh custom build, without keeping settings, to be sure it's running on default settings.

Upgrading packages (via the CLI opkg upgrade command or the LuCI Upgrade... button) can result in major problems. It is generally highly discouraged, unless you know what you are doing or if there is specific instruction to do so.

1 Like

The result is the same if I create a fresh custom build including latest luci, so it's not an upgrading issue.

It's broken for me too, I made a bug report yesterday, you can use cli to add/edit and it will show up in luci (but add/edit still won't work).

The bug report is exactly what I have. It confirms the issue, and all my tests :wink:
In the meantime I have added rules manually. Indeed they appear in Luci, but can't be edited. That doesn't prevent the AP to perform its work.
Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.