Lan To lan Bridge

Hello, I am having serious issue in setting up a 2nd router through Lan To Lan connection( main Router lan to 2nd router lan) . I have followed multiple videos article but nothing helped me, my main problem is with DHCP or DNS as , I am able to complete the setup, run speedtest all ok. But after a reboot device didn't connect, and the internet access is gone. Is there any Detailed guide for this problem?
I can't setup 2nd router to wireless repeater mode, as it is far away from main router. My network diagram will be >main router>lan>cat6 15meter

Openwrt 20 device lan port.
Although I can setup lan to wan also, but problem is same. Help!

Your description is not clear. Can you draw a diagram?
Which router is OpenWrt (main, secondary, both)?

Are you using an ethernet cable to connect from the first router's lan port to the 2nd rouer's lan port?

You may want to refer to the Dumb AP guide.

2 Likes

First router is tenda f3 i guess( stock firmware) . 2nd router is a openwrt device(mi4c). (openwrt 22). network diagram below:> main router >lan port> ethernet cable>2nd device(openwrt) lan port. This is my network diagram everything setup successful, but if i restart my openwrt device everything messed up😥

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

Look up "Dump AP".
I assume you want to disable the following services on the 2nd Openwrt:

• Firewall
  • Dnsmasq

And configure the address of br-lan on the 2nd Openwrt to be something else. You could also just use DHCP for it...

Yup... I mentioned (and linked) that above. Not sure if the OP has looked yet.

Actually, firewall does not need to be disabled. And dnsmasq can be left alone except for one key factor -- the DHCP server must be disabled on the lan interface (by setting the interface to ignore). Turning off dnsmasq without explicitly ignoring the lan interface is likely to cause issues later (such as after sysupgrade) when dnsmasq will be re-enabled.

after thousands of trying, i roll back to mi original firmware. then setup device as wired access point. everything worked, internet works fine. but after a restart i need to wait for like 10 minutes to get connected to 2nd router. even sometimes i even have to wait for 20-30mins. why?

We have no idea. You never gave any specifics or posted your configuration. We can't even guess.

1 Like