Lan to lan bridge mode

Are both linksys devices running Openwrt?

One yes and the other is xac1900 which is not supported

Ok, on the one with Openwrt you need to set up the LAN interface to either use a static IP from the network used by the TP-Link router or set it as a DHCP client. You also need to disable the DHCP server. Then connect it and the the TP-Link router together via the LAN ports.

This is what @psherman advised originally.

You are probably looking for the dumb ap mode (even if you don’t use the wireless).

I know, but further responses then massively confused/complicated the issue and starting leading Tal3at down a path that is unnecessary for what needs to be done.

@Tal3at - can you draw a quick diagram of how you want things to be connected to each other, and what function each device performs on the network? Also note if there are physical considerations (device A must be physically next to device B, but device C will be in a different room and there is 1 cable connecting the two rooms, etc.). And also note things that are not mentioned yet that you want to accomplish in your setup -- giving the whole picture is important to setup the right infrastructure.

This would probably be the easiest way to clear up confusion in terms of your devices, constraints, and desires.

That was due to missing info about the size of the apartment etc. People can't just guess the requirements of they are not told.

I will show you the apartment layout and where are my devices in the network and what are my devices what they perform. If you believe i should buy a different device according to what you will see please tell me.

First point in my network is my main router/vdsl modem tplink which is down as u see and it covers wifi for the blue circle area. Then two lan cables (red lines) coming out from the tplink. One goes to the right point for the linksys xac1900 and it covers wifi and lan connections for the purple circle area. And the other lan cable (red line) goes from tplink to linksys wrt1900 covering wifi and lan connections for yellow circle area.

Now that you see the network setup. What do you advise?

Just do what you were advised in the very first response you got. That's all you need.

The same "dumb AP" mode I suggested at the beginning of the thread is still the recommended path.

1 Like

Hello bill,

When I configure the tplink vr600 to a a bridge connection (as a bridge modem and will connect to the wrt1900 router), which lan port should i connect the ethernet lan to? The wan or lan?

LAN on the modem, WAN on the router (set as PPPoE). Note that for the modem you might need to configure what LAN ports are bridged.

On a separate note, I was looking at your diagram and it looks like you can do with one router only by locating it probably near the corner of the living room.

By the way still think using the VR600 as a modem only is a waste. You could do with ISP router if it supports bridge mode.