Kmod-rt2500-usb kmod-rt73-usb

Hi Gurus, I have just updated an old x86 box to Ver 23.05.0 r23497-6637af95aa and the usb network dongle requires kmod-rt2500-usb kmod-rt73-usb drivers which are unavailable through the software system. I have tried to use the online build system to include them in new image but even there I am told that they are unavailable. Any ideas on a fix? thanks in advance
Cheers

a) not packaged at this moment, but would be relatively easy to do, should you decide to do it/ file a PR adding it.
b) either (and especially the former, which just barely works at all) are totally unsuitable for AP mode.

Thanks for the quick reply reply.. For the application it works OK so I will log a PR.
Thanks again
Cheers

Hi Gurus,
I have just updated an old x86 box to Ver 23.05.0 r23497-6637af95aa and the usb network dongle requires kmod-rt2500-usb and kmod-rt73-usb drivers which are unavailable through the software system. I have tried to use the online build system to include them in new image but even there I am told that they are unavailable. Would it be possible to add these to the online build system or the software update system
Cheers

AFAIK rt2500 Is ralink and you can install It, rt73 Is realtek

Both are RaLink, from the rt2x00 suite if drivers. rt73 is the immediate successor of rt2570, with rt73 having fixed quite a few issues that were present in rt2570. rt73 is
quite decent in client/ STA mode, if 802.11g/ 54 MBit/s is all you need - AP mode should not be considered (and rt2570 better best forgotten).

1 Like

yes sorry i get confused with rtwifi.