Issues connecting to PPPoe CenturyLink fiber internet

Hello,

I originally had this same issue about a year ago and was able to resolve the issue here, but after upgrading to this firmware (see below) I am no longer able to connect to the internet. I have chatted with centuryLinks support and they say that I am connected to the internet and it should be working. I basically did this without touching any other configuration besides following the steps in the previous thread. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Router: Linksys E8450
Firmware: OpenWrt 22.03.3 r20028-43d71ad93e / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-22.361.69894-438c598

Start with some basic checks: on the main status page see if anything is shown for IPv4 Upstream or IPv6 Upstream. Read the logs to see the ppp exchange, if any. "Timeout Waiting for PADO Packets" is common and indicates a complete lack of connectivity to the modem or ISP.

I haven't tested the wan.N syntax on a new release I assume that it still works.

1 Like

Cool, I'll try and give that a go this evening when I can dork with the internet. You make it sound like wan.N is an old way of doing things. What would be the new process if it's not that?

Thanks

The way that is guaranteed to work on DSA is to go full Monty with bridge-vlans.

There's also a chance that the new version changed how ports are enumerated and factory MAC addresses applied, thus the ISP is seeing a different MAC and some ISPs will block access.