Issues Connecting to Internet - Linksys EA8300

Hi guys - was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm having trouble accessing the external internet once I flash my router.

I have flashed my router and can access it via the GUI and SSH. I followed the steps here (https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-quick-start/troubleshooting_internetconnectivity) and made sure my LAN subnet != WAN subnet so there shouldn't be any conflicts (i used 192.168.15.1 for LAN). However i still cannot ping a DNS (google.com) or an IP address (1.1.1.1).

Do you have any idea on what is wrong or even some steps I could take to troubleshoot? I tried the diagnostics as well and none of those work. I am connected via ethernet to the router.

Can you paste the output of "route -n" command

Yup will do....let me finish up work (need internet) then I can flash again and paste those results! Thanks.

root@OpenWrt:~# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.25.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan
root@OpenWrt:~# 

WAN route is missing. have you not configured WAN IP.

1 Like

Hmmm ok. I have that set to DHCP (I thought it should get an IP address from the modem). But I guess i should set it to static and try to configure it?

Edit: I checked on the default firmware and WAN settings are automatically configured through DHCP. I'll give it a shot to manually configure.

DHCP should work like any other device when its WAN/Interent port is used.

FYI, OpenWrt has this as the default WAN config. Your response kinda implies you had to set this up.

Ya i didn't touch anything in the default config for WAN. Once I flash, WAN is set to DHCP and LAN is set to static (192.168.1.1). The only setting I touch is the LAN interface and i change the IPV4 address to ensure there are no conflicts with WAN. So i was assuming at this point it should just work. Also - if i plug directly into the modem internet access is fine. So i know there is nothing wrong with the modem so it must be how it is configured in the router.

I'll check the settings of my modem as well to make sure there is nothing funny going on there either.

Sorry false alarm. I just did a power cycle on my modem and then everything started working with no issues! Thanks again for the responses!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.