Issue OpenWRT 23.05.2 LTE private APN with auth, give different ip address than it should

Hi All,

I found strange result in dialup modem in OpenWRT 23.05.2. I use simcard from operator that has private APN with specific username and password for each user, that each user will has it's own static IP address when they are connected to the operator using the APN and their credential.

Usually I use ModemManager to connect the LTE modem Quectel EG25-G. But the issue is still ocured even using QMI protocol to connect the LTE modem.

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --set-client-id wds,19 --start-network --apn "private_apn" --auth-type chap --username "user_uname" --password "user_pass" --ip-family "ipv4" --set-autoconnect enabled

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status
"connected"

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-current-settings
{
	"pdp-type": "ipv4",
	"ip-family": "ipv4",
	"mtu": 1500,
	"ipv4": {
		"ip": "10.14.201.50",
		"dns1": "dns_ip",
		"gateway": "10.14.201.49",
		"subnet": "255.255.255.252"
	},
	"ipv6": {

},
	"domain-names": {

}
}

Both from ModemManager and QMI always give me that ip address, which is not correct ip address for credential I use to dialup, even with different credential always give me that ip address.

While in OpenWRT 21.02.3 the ModemManager and QMI give me the expected ip address when doing dialup for each specific inputted credential.

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --set-client-id wds,19 --start-network --apn "private_apn" --auth-type chap --username "user_uname" --password "user_pass" --ip-family "ipv4" --set-autoconnect enabled

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status
"connected"

# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-current-settings
{
	"pdp-type": "ipv4",
	"ip-family": "ipv4",
	"mtu": 1500,
	"ipv4": {
		"ip": "10.14.201.77",
		"dns1": "dns_ip",
		"gateway": "10.14.201.78",
		"subnet": "255.255.255.252"
	},
	"ipv6": {

},
	"domain-names": {

}
}

What I know that both ModemManager and QMI/uqmi use qmi_proxy in the background for doing dialup process and getting the ip result from there too because the modem that I use has cdc_wdm interface (driver qmi_wwan). Is this issue in openwrt 23.05.2 caused by qmi_proxy or more likely from the qmi_wwan driver? and is there any guide to resolve the issue?

As a note here is my platform
platform: NXP LS1012ARDB
openwrt : custom build with gnulibc from release 21.02.3 (ok) and 23.05.2 (issue)

best regards,
Huda