Issue Introduced in 22.03.0-rc4 (still there in rc5 an rc6)

@PolynomialDivision would the patch you submitted address the issue I am seeing if I am not using 80.11s?

this mac80211 change has already been reverted and is not part of rc5 or rc6, therefore this can't be the same issue.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=76c5c95d94699d463d505056f858c7a23e4da79e

1 Like

@rotanid if this is different to the 802.11s issue which has been reverted, is there anything I can do to help pinpoint the issue affecting me. Reading the C and patching drivers is beyond my skill level.

i doubt you can help, someone needs to bisect the issue between rc3 and rc4, basically this means to build an image for commits between these "releases" and check if the issue exists with these commits.
This way, one can find out the commit which introduced the problem you are experiencing.

1 Like

I applied the Sep 1 snapshot to my linksys e8450 and it is broken like rc4, rc5 and rc6.

Hmmmmm.... 22.03.0 appears to be working.... Need to wait 12-24hrs to be sure but it looks good so far....

Nope.... No bueno... Another piece of info its not 12-24hrs for the issue to appear. It occurs after the client suspends and restarts the wifi connection or you toggle wifi off and on...

Weird....

Ok..... In the latest snapshots things have improved.... (OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r20779-c5e167e0d6 / LuCI Master git-22.260.19132-34dd31a). Now the behavior I get is once I do the install of the snapshot and reboot and then install all the packages (including the mt76 stub) and then reboot again.... Now after about two or three minutes the router starts routing after a 2-3 minute pause.... Once that happens clients start routing too... This is different in several ways. 1) The initial problem was that clients could not route but the router itself could. (ie pinging 8.8.8.8 would work from the openwrt router but not from a wirelessly connected client) 2) The 2-3 minute hesitation before the openwrt routing is new. (Its possible I did not notice this before)....

Another piece of information. This issue only appears when connected via wifi. When connected on wired side everything functions normally. Your client can ping out to the internet. Seems something was introduced in rc4 that impedes routing beyond the openwrt base station. Maybe it has something to do with vlans... Maybe its something else.... I do not know.

As of Snapshot 2023-03-27 my problem appears to be resolved..... Magically...
(with no changes to my setup)