ISC-DHCPD: configuration questions

Colleagues, please tell me how you can configure this strange assembly of isc-dhcpd!

I am using BananaPi (Sunxi) R1 platform, latest OpenWRT with EXT4 file system installed on it.
I want to use the isc-dhcpd that is familiar to me.

I was surprised to find that the configuration of isc-dhcpd is carried out in the most original and I would even say not in the traditional way.
When the system boots, the key-value fields are taken from the corresponding section of the file in /etc/config/dhcp and a temporary configuration file /tmp/run/dhcpd.conf is created from them.

Unfortunately, I have not found any documentation describing the names of these fields anywhere, and I don't really want to try to guess them.
In general, as I understand it, the authors of this extremely specific isc-dhcp assembly did not delight users with any documentation. If I'm wrong, then I apologize and ask you to tell me where they are hiding this documentation.

Colleagues, tell me, is it possible to run this isc-dhcpd with a static configuration file, like /etc/config/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, using standard tools?
And where can you find a description of the specifics of configuring this build of the program?

Thanks in advance for the answers to my questions,
Ogogon.

How about changing the location of the conf file in the init script?

Is all really that bad?

When using OpenWrt, it is assumed that you can read, analyze and modify the source code.

1 Like

Well, it turns out that not everything is bad - someone has already thought about it. Well, it turns out that not everything is bad - someone has already thought about it. The only pity is that you can read about this not in the manual, not in the FAQ, but only in the source code on GitHub.

However, I thank you for the tip.

2 Likes

"Programmers don't need comments: the code is obvious." Real Programmers Don't Use PASCAL

I can write a short FAQ on this product, taking into account the surprises that have taken place.
And even in two languages - native and English.

2 Likes

Contributions are welcome:
https://openwrt.org/wiki/wikirules

2 Likes