Is Virtual dynamic interface WAN_6 firewalled?

Hi! I recently configured a new Mikrotik RB750Gr3. On first install it has 3! interfaces on it: wan, wan_6 and wan6. I use PPPoE for wan and I understand that wan_6 comes from this interface.
2 issues:

• The Virtual dynamic interface WAN_6 is not colored which suggests to me that it is NOT firewalled. I also cannot change any of its settings. Is it firewalled or not? If yes why isn't it colored? If not why is it created so by default?

• I read the docs and I understand that for PPPoE I have the option to set option ipv6 1 and then create wan6 to handle ipv6. I sense I have to do this because by default openWrt came with wan6 which I deleted and feel like I misconfigured it by doing so (deleting default values is not a good sign).

Sidenote: I deleted wan6 because of (I think) a bug where it entered a loop with wan for requesting ip's from the isp.

This isn't the official default. What version of OpenWrt?

Please run ubus call system board and provide the output.

Not quite straight startup.I configured wan for pppoe and then there were 3. I am interested to know if the firewall works on that virtual interface or if I should recreate wan6

OpenWrt 22.03.3 r20028-43d71ad93e / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-22.361.69894-438c598
Kernel Version 5.10.161

1 Like

You can verify it yourself with nft list ruleset
If the v6 rules cover pppoe-wan interface, then you are covered :slight_smile:

1 Like