Is there hard drive support for the Asus RT-N56U in OpenWrt

Hello, I have an Asus RT-N56U running with OpenWRT 21.02.5 and I can't find the hard drive section. The router has two usb ports built-in and having a disk attached there is awesome for a media server or download destination since it allows you to use those without having the PC on. I guess since not all routers have USB ports this must have been overlooked but it would be a great addition if not already implemented.

the required packages aren't shipped with the default image, but the functionality is there.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Frollic, I tried it. It still isn't working but I'm formatting my drive to see if it has to do with that!! I couldn't write anymore the other night. The system has a daily limit for newbies. In regards to creating a new wan from the existing WiFi network, I couldn't make it to work with OpenWRT 22.03 so I tried installing back the original firmware and two other open source alternatives with no luck either. I went back to OpenWRT but opted for an older version. I installed 21.02.5 and it worked perfectly on the first try. Thanks for all your pointers on that one too.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.