Is there default wi-fi password for clean installation?

Hi
I've just installed open wrt on a pretty old device (WL-500gP V2), it boots with WPA2 protected wi-fi network "ASUS" and I can't connect to it. Is there any way to get into new system by wireless? I don't have on hand any devices that can be wired to this Asus at the moment, so ssh or telnet is not an obvious choice. Is there a sort of default wi-fi password or it's just a waist of time? I didn't succeeded to find it. Nothing work - pssword, password, admin, asus, ASUS and so on

Thank you

Here is the information that is available on the OpenWrt wiki:
https://openwrt.org/toh/asus/wl-500gp

It is clear, though, that you are currently running the Asus stock firmware. You'll have to refer to the documentation for the device itself -- please us the Asus support channels to find that, or maybe a general Google search will reveal the default credentials for that firmware.

Also, your device only has 32MB of RAM, so you cannot run a modern version of OpenWrt (certainly no later than 19.07). This means that it is unsupported and any OpenWrt firmware that does run on that device will be long since obsolete with many known security vulnerabilities. You should be looking to replace that hardware since it really shouldn't be used anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you. I've logged in by telnet using wired connection finally, and I clearly see this garbage runs on openwrt 22.03 as access point with no issues (or at least seems to have no issues).
I have no idea now what was this "ASUS" network ssid, since I've found that clean installation do not enables wi-fi at all, but this network went away every time I turned off this asus, and appeared again when it was turned on.
The only problem for me is to configure p910nd, it won't listen the port where printer is, but I think now it's due to lack of good documentation, will try to fix that.

OpenWrt has not had telent functionality for probably about a decade... and 22.03 absolutely isn't supported on 32MB devices. So that would suggest that the device must be running some vendor modified fork of OpenWrt.

What is the output of

ubus call system board
1 Like

For sure this device might be running some vendror modified fork, but I've downloaded it from this site. 22.03 seams to be last available download (at the moment or for eternity).

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.6&target=bcm47xx%2Flegacy&id=asus_wl-500gp-v2

Enjoy:
root@OpenWrt:~# ubus call system board
{
"kernel": "5.10.138",
"hostname": "OpenWrt",
"system": "Broadcom BCM5354",
"model": "Asus WL500GP V2",
"board_name": "0x48E:45",
"rootfs_type": "squashfs",
"release": {
"distribution": "OpenWrt",
"version": "22.03.0",