Is there any factory image for DLINK DIR810L A1

Is there any factory image for DLINK DIR810L A1

Not according to the wiki

• Last modified: 2020/06/02 16:14 * by tmomas

The wiki instructions clearly explain you need a manipulated sysupgrade image, which one can produce by following the installation instructions.

The DIR-810L and the Trendnet TEW-810DR share the same board. I submitted the TEW-810DR and my commit was tested in the D-Link by the original D-Link committer. I should credit @123serge123 who was very helpful with fixing the LAN LEDs. This also corrected the LED's on the D-LInk and now both devices essentially share the same code except for the device name

Although I have not tested the D-Link, the TFTP+serial method described on the TEW-810DR should also work. I had better luck with it compared to trying to alter the hardware ID.

Before my ISP improved to 300Mbps and I upgraded to a Linksys EA7300V2, the Trendnet with OpenWRT functioned reliably.

I never successfully flashed openwrt on DIR-810L A1, but anyway..

I spent some time with a DIR-810L A1 some months ago and tried to upload a modified sysupgrade image as described in the installation instructions. The web UI accepted the file I uploaded, and told me to wait while the device was flashed, but in the end the device always returned to the stock firmware.

If you try to build your own factory image, note that the ncc_att_hwid command in the instructions page is for router version B1 with firmware 2.03b02. You should probably change the command line to match your A1 router. Also, I think that there was some parameter to that command that wasn't available if you download the A1 SDK.

There's a factory image for dd-wrt. I managed to flash this image in some way. Maybe I used the router web UI or maybe the recovery mode - I don't remember.

Once in dd-wrt there's some command line utility to flash images. Maybe this can be used to flash openwrt?

I think I successfully flashed back to stock from dd-wrt, but soon afterwards I bricked the device when I tried something else. I then gave up.

The TFTP+serial method reliably flashes a TEW-810DR. I did it multiple times during development. It also helped recover a bricked device.
The ncc_att-hwid command is 32bit binary and on my Debian machine (at the time), I had to install extra 32bit libraries.

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/generic.flashing.serial

The downside is you need a usb -> serial ttl adapter and you have to open the case. The case is easy - 4 phillips screws at the bottom under the rubber feet.

Here is an example:

About 2 years ago they were < $5USD via a slow boat from China.