Is there a definitive guide for OpenWrt on x86?

I'm still having issues with the 2nd lan on 192.168.10.0/24. From the console I can ping 192.168.10.1. When I plug my laptop into eth4 or eth5 I do get link and activity lights but running ifconfig on the PC shows 192.168.1.180 (the same IP addr as when plugged into eth1-eth3.

Here's the relevant portions of the config files:

/etc/config/network

config device
	option name 'br-lan2'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'eth4'
	list ports 'eth5'

config interface 'lan2'
	option device 'br-lan2'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.10.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

/etc/config/dhcp

config dhcp 'lan2'
	option interface 'lan2
	option start '100'
	option limit '150'
	option leasetime '12h'
	option dhcpv4 'server'
	option dhcpv6 'server'
	option ra 'server'
	option ra_slaac '1'
	list ra_flags 'managed-config'
	list ra_flags 'other-config'

/etc/config/firewall

config zone
	option name 'lan2'
	list network 'lan2'
	option input 'ACCEPT'
	option output 'ACCEPT'
	option forward 'ACCEPT'

config forwarding
	option src 'lan2'
	option dest 'wan'

It seems correct to me. Maybe one of the experts can chime in...

I would also add the following to dhcp 'lan2' section of /etc/config/dhcp:

list dhcp_option '6,192.168.10.1'

And, to the best of my knowledge, the forwarding section in /etc/config/firewall should have both lan and lan2 as option src

In WIndows (or MacOs, or whatever OS your workstation is running), make sure your network interface is not set to static ip.

I'm running Ubuntu and the wired connection is using DHCP.

In Luci / Network / Interfaces, click on the Edit button for LAN2 and make sure the Ignore interface does not have a check mark.

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 13.54.33

It's all I can think of at the moment. As far as I can tell, you're almost there, but something is eluding us...
I'm sorry if I let you down.

I appreciate all the help you've given me.

I'm running 21.02.0 and when I go to the DHCP Server tab on the lan or lan2 interfaces I see the following:

If I click on the Setup DHCP Server button I get this error:

What do you think, should I open a new topic for this very specific issue?

Closing quote missing. The block will not parse, thus no DHCP server on lan2. UCI / LuCI is unable to comprehend or mend a file that is syntactically incorrect due to manual editing, so it throws an error.

Also do a logread -f while you plug and unplug the Ethernet cable to confirm the port you're plugging the laptop into is the number you think it is. Numbers printed on the case may not match how the kernel enumerates the ports.

1 Like

Wow, I'm afraid I have never seen this happen before.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me there is something missing from Luci or one of it's dependencies.

Please post the output of command:

opkg list-installed

I must have read that file two dozens times and didn't pick up on that. @mk24 that's so much for catching my error and your earlier help.

Eagle eyes! :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.