Is it possible to build an image containing some opkg packages installed?

I'm sorry if that's a dumb question, but I would like to build an image of OpenWrt for my Vocore2 containing packages like python3-base and python3-pip. Is it possible?

Yes, see the firmware-selector site and expand the option for “Customize installed packages and/or first boot script”

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.3&target=ramips%2Fmt76x8&id=vocore_vocore2

3 Likes

I got a variation of the Vocore2, the VoCore2 Ultimate and you may want to check if you got enough free space for python3* on it. But otherwise follow what @dave14305 wrote.

And you can remove packages to make space, also using the firmware selector by adding a "-" before a package. E.g. if you don't need ppp you can add -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe in the firmware selector.

1 Like

You can also build a firmware with your installed packages through Attended Sysupgrade package and keep it in your hdd. You can install openwrt on Vocore2, install the packages you want, check if everything is ok then build the image from attended sys.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I added python3-base and python3-pip to the list of packages and also removed add the commands to remove all from luci and ppp. At the end, it was looking like this:

base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall4 fstools kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio kmod-mt7603 kmod-nft-offload kmod-sdhci-mt7620 kmod-usb-ledtrig-usbport kmod-usb-ohci kmod-usb2 libc libgcc libustream-wolfssl logd mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail swconfig uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-wolfssl python3-base python3-pip -luci -luci-app-firewall -luci-base -luci-lib-ip -luci-lib-nixio -luci-mod-admin-full -luci-proto-ipv6 -luci-proto-ppp -luci-theme-bootstrap -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe

Then, I clicked on "Request Build".

Then, the only option available was "SYSUPGRADE". Is it right? Can I just download this .bin and use to upgrade the Vocore2?