Ipv6 suddenly quit working- Error: Network device is not present

So yesterday I had some internet issues, had to reset my config, did an upgrade from 19.07 to 19.07.2 while I was at it. Everything was working fine yesterday, tested ipv6 and everything.

This morning my pihole was showing the telltale signs of having no ipv6 address, and sure enough I tested and there was none. Before it was usually just me misconfiguring DHCP/DNS, the router still would get an ipv6 address, but this time it hasn't. The wan6 interface, no matter how I set up the settings, shows Error: Network device is not present. ipv4 works just fine. Tested the modem, hooking it straight to my laptop yields a ipv6 and ipv4 address just fine.

The only thing that usually gives me headaches is that I have DHCP and DNS handled by my pihole. But I didn't change any settings on the pihole, and I'm fairly sure I got everything set up right on the router too, but I guess I could be wrong. What can I do/check? Thanks

1 Like

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
iptables-save -c; ip6tables-save -c; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ip -6 addr ; ip -6 ro li tab all ; ip -6 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*
1 Like