IPv6, SLAAC, DHPv6 and Port Forward

None set seems to == ALL. You did set to assign /64's after all.

Set WAN6 in the IPv6 Prefix filter, Save/Apply, and report.

screen683

Rebooting the OpenWrt after Saving/Applying - and making sure you disconnect/reconnect your Ethernet might speed up the process.

1 Like

Will reboot my OpenWRT and reconnect the ethernet.

EDIT: After Reboot

Have way fewer IPv6 addresses to work with now, much cleaner in my opinion :grin:

1 Like

This is my wireguard client side, guess there's no GUA IPv6 being used only ULA. Not sure as to how to implement a GUA IPv6 on the end of the tunnel...

About 2/3 through this thread the questions about Wireguard came in. If the original problem of forwarding v6 from the Internet to a server on the LAN has been solved, you probably should start a new thread about how you plan to use Wireguard.

1 Like

Sorry, I already have a Wireguard post up. Will mark it as solved. Thanks.

I had the same problem when I started working with IPv6 years ago and wrote a couple of scripts and guides for setting up servers using IPv6.

1 Like

Just another small doubt but when checking on Windows ipconfig

Then corresponding with the IPv6's assigned to derwa.lan on my OpenWRT panel, I see 141 (DHCPv6 Static Lease), 39a1 (Temp. IPv6 Address) and c55a (LLA) but I don't see 6be5? Is this some sort of ghost IPv6 entry by Windows?

Windows will generate and rotate in new random SLAAC addresses for outgoing connections. These aren't known to the router until they are used the first time, which enters them into the neighbor table.

The DHCPv6 address that ends in 141 can be considered static and traffic to the server process should be sent there.

2 Likes

Thanks for your clarification. I found it a bit odd because when I looked up my phone's IPv6 the last 4 digits of LLA and the Device's IPv6 (which is considered static? don't know the proper terminology here sorry) seem to match up and the Temp. IPv6 Addr is different from the LLA and Device's IPv6.

So basically in short my network environment for each device will have Static IPv6(?), Temp. IPv6 (Used as my Public IPv6 to prevent tracking, etc.), LLA (I assume this is only to communicate within LAN devices?) and IPv4 address

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.