Ipv6 on guest wireless

I have built up quite the set up on my APU2. Have 3 radios with 5 SSIDS and two are guest wireless ssids. Need some advice on how to set up ipv6 on my guest network. My lan network is working fine. No idea if problem is firewall or interface settings. I have noticed if I set the ipv6 assignment length to 60 on my guest interface like on my lan/normal wireless ipv6 fails across the board on everything.

Not going to pretend like I know what I am doing with ipv6. I got this far looking through forums and adjusting configs people said worked for them. Took me quite a while to get my android stuff working.

This is a little embarrassing as I troubleshoot ipv4 for a living. Let me know what you need to troubleshoot.

I'm getting a /56 prefix from my ISP via DHCPv6 and I have configured /64 IPv6 networks the same way on all my interfaces via LUCI, including the WLAN ones. Each interface gets it's own ip6hint but that's it. The rest of the settings are pretty much the default ones.

No special settings needed for it to also work on WLAN interfaces as far as I know.

You have to know what are your PD and delegate to each interface.

If you have /56

|||| |||| |||| |||64 Single LAN (default prefix size for SLAAC)
|||| |||| |||| ||60 Some (very limited) 6rd deployments (/60 = 16 /64)
|||| |||| |||| |56 Minimal end sites assignment[3] (e.g. Home network) (/56 = 256 /64)

Well have a /128 from Comcast. I have DHCPv6 configured and RA

config dhcp 'lan'
option interface 'lan'
option ra_default '1'
option dhcpv6 'server'
option ra 'server'
option ra_management '1'
option start '100'
option limit '150'
option leasetime '12h'

config dhcp 'guest'
option start '100'
option leasetime '12h'
option limit '150'
option interface 'guest'
option ra_default '1'
option ra 'server'
option dhcpv6 'server'
option ra_management '1'

What do I pick for an assignment hint?

Have tried a bit of googling and not finding much to go on. I figure this is similar to setting up a VLAN so they are separated but every time I enable a /64 on my Guest network my LAN loses ipv6 and I see an address starting with 2601 jump from one to the other and ipv6 works on my guest network only.

I have an address starting with 2001 which is /128 coming in from Comcast to my WAN so not real sure how this works. Feel free to ask for whatever configs you need.

/128 is just a single IPv6 address, you can't split that further.

This is most likely your actual IPv6 WAN address, not your prefix. You need to check your prefix length if you are getting one.

You can find it on the "Overview" page in more recent builds or under "Routing". Look for IPv6 ending with /56, /60 or maybe /64 there. That is most likely your prefix.

For "ip6hint" just pick whatever. I usally start with "1" for the main LAN interface and just increment it as the interfaces go (br-lan -> 1, WLAN1 -> 2, .. and so on).

This way you make sure each interface is on a different IPv6 network. It's roughly the equivalent of going "192.168.1.X", "192.168.2.X" for IPv4 Networks.

But you can only do any of this if you are getting a prefix large enough to use for multiple networks (usually /56, /60 etc). If you are actually just getting enough for a single IPv6 network then you can only assign all interfaces to the same IPv6 network (and maybe split them by firewall zones).

I got a /64 of the 2601 address. I tried /64 for my lan/two wans bridged with a 1 hint and a 2 hint on my wireless guest network. The local routeable FD address gets the one and two for bother interfaces but then the 2601 address with a 1 on the front jumps to the guest network.

I am running kernel 4.4.23 which is not the latest.

You only have one subnet (|64 Single LAN (default prefix size for SLAAC))

Well this is going to painful. First to customer support then troll them on twitter until they relent.