IPv6 connectivity loses when wifi Is started

After enabling the Wifi for the first time (from a config reset), ipv6 connectivity gets lost. Before enabling the wifi, I was able to ping ipv6.google.com. After enabling the wifi, it gets lost. Disabling the wifi doesn't help either, it has to be reset from defaults for the ipv6 to work again. Using OpenWrt 19.07.3 r11063-85e04e9f46

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ip -6 addr ; ip -6 ro li tab all ; ip -6 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*

Post again the

ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ip -6 addr ; ip -6 ro li tab all ; ip -6 ru

after the wifi connected.

1 Like
  • Are you enabling an Access Point; or connecting to a WWAN?
  • Is there a second router on the broadcast domain?
  • Do you happen to be connecting a device to the WiFi that is a router running IPv6?

(I assume an AP from your posting...but given the issue, maybe you're using WiFi to connect to the Internet???)

In this test, are you pinging from a client, or from the OpenWrt?

Looks like it was working now after resetting WAN6 interface after enabling Wifi. One thing I've noticed is that it loses connectivity every after any change to the interfaces... hmmm

Are you saying that you edit your interfaces...and then you wonder why you've lost IPv6 connectivity?