IPTV config Archer C6 behind ISPmodemrouter

Hi,

I wanted to gain more control over my network by using a router behind the modem/router supplied by my ISP. Using the standard GUI's of all devices I was able to get everything working, however from time to time I kept on losing my internet connection. A simple off/on cycle of the router fixed it every time, yet some days I would need to that 4 times in an hour. Apparently it seems not to uncommon for my model so in trying multiple solutions to no avail, I thought I would venture into flashing OpenWRT on the router and internetwise so far so good, no more dropouts. However IPTV I have not been able to get working, whilst this was just two simple clicks on the old stock firmware.

My current setup is
Fiber to the home
ISP modem/router ExperiaBox V10 supplied by KPN, Netherlands
Brand ZTE model H369A
|
TPlink Archer C6 V2
modem LAN port to Archer C6 WAN port
| |
TL-WR1043N TL-WR1043N
LAN-LANport LAN-LANport
1st floor 3rd floor
|
STB IPTV

The WR1043N are simply being used as access points, running stock firmware. On this old stock firmware there is no option to use the WANport for this purpose and I do not need the physical amount of ports anyway. I.e. cable lan port from C6 to lan port WR1043N

While the Archer C6 had its stock firmware I had it placed in the DHCP range of the Experiabox, used DHCP binding + DMZ host
I simply checked these boxes in the Archer C6 and IPTV was working.
Enable IGMP Snooping and enable IGMP proxy

I have been trying to recreate the exact same setup with OpenWRT on the C6 going over multiple posts/guides but sadly no luck yet.

some further details
Experiabox
DHCP 192.168.2.100-200
LAN IP 192.168.2.254
1 DNS 192.168.2.254
DHCP bind Archer C6 192.168.2.200 + DMZ bind

Archer C6
LAN IP 192.168.0.1
DHCP 192.168.0.100-250

WR1043N LAN IP
1st floor 192.168.0.11 3rd floor 192.168.0.31

Archer C6

The STB I can no longer see in Luci, it had been visible under the Status->Overview page under "Active DHCPv6 Leases" which I deem no good as it needs to be on IPv4. It did move to " Active DHCP Leases" which I assume was good, but now it is not there.
Now the IPTV interface no longer states "Network device is not present" but the STBITV interface still does.

As I mentioned, I have gone over multiple posts these past few nights to get it to work, a few resets later, getting used to the command line interpreter and now mainly this guide here:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/isp-configurations#xs4all_and_probably_kpn
XS4all and probably KPN section
I managed to get to this; some output:

config interface 'lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option proto 'static'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'
        option igmp_snooping '1'
        option ipaddr '192.168.0.1'

config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth0.2'
        option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wan6'
        option ifname 'eth0.2'
        option proto 'dhcpv6'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '1'
        option ports '2 3 4 5 0t'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '2'
        option ports '1 0t'

config interface 'IPTV'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option type 'bridge'
        option peerdns '0'
        option vendorid 'IPTV_RG'
        option defaultroute '0'

config interface 'STBITV'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'static'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option ipaddr '192.168.0.185'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option igmp_snooping '1'
config zone
        option name 'lan'
        list network 'lan'
        option input 'ACCEPT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option forward 'ACCEPT'

config zone
        option name 'wan'
        list network 'wan'
        list network 'wan6'
        option input 'REJECT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option forward 'REJECT'
        option masq '1'
        option mtu_fix '1'

config zone
        option name 'IPTV'
        option input 'ACCEPT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option network 'IPTV'
        option masq '1'
        option mtu_fix '1'
        option forward 'REJECT'

config zone
        option input 'ACCEPT'
        option forward 'REJECT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option name 'STBITV'
        option network 'STBITV'

config forwarding
        option dest 'wan'
        option src 'STBITV'

config forwarding
        option dest 'IPTV'
        option src 'STBITV'

config forwarding
        option src 'lan'
        option dest 'wan'
config igmpproxy
        option quickleave 1

config phyint
        option network IPTV
        option zone IPTV
        option direction upstream
        list altnet 0.0.0.0/0

config phyint
        option network STBITV
        option zone STBITV
        option direction downstream

When I run the second last command from this guide; /etc/init.d/igmpproxy enable
I get a warning "1 more file(s) to edit" but I do not know to what it points.

As I am writing this there is one thing I do not recall from the old setup in stock firmware, and that is the WAN protocol type, should it be PPoE? Does that have an effect, as for now Internet has been running without any problems, yet might still be related to getting IPTV to work?
Is it something that should be done regardless? The ISP modem also states connection type PPoE.

Switching to PPoE now gives an error on the interface, "Connection attempt failed" yet internet keeps working. Though I have not rebooted it yet.
Just mentioning it should that be the first step to take, reset the whole thing, PPoE and rebuild as per the above guide with some additional pointers.

Sorry for the long post but I thought to post what I deem useful to the situation in one go and give as much insight as possible from the start. Looking forward to your advice.

BR,
M

Are you going to replace the Xperiabox with your Archer C6 or are you going to keep that connected to the NTU box?

The information from the link you posted is for when you are going to replace the Xperiabox with an OpenWrt router.

Since everything is already handled by the Xperiabox, all you need to do is to have igmp snooping enabled on the Archer C6.

If you want to replace the Xperiabox then you can find some more information on https://www.benweb.eu/articles/technical/kpn-glasvezel-met-lede-openwrt-fork/

Thank you KSathral, thought as much as I indeed wish to keep the Xperiabox connected to the NTU.
Did not have any luck on the first try with IGMP snooping, as I kept getting stuttering images. Being new to this I thought okay lets try some additional settings. I tried to reset the C6 for a final attempt but it got bricked, power loss. I think I just had a bad unit to begin with. Anyway I will try this again when a get a new router though it is going to be a while before I have time to revisit this "project". Still again thanks for confirming only enabling igmp snooping should have done the trick.