IPQ807x SoC Investigation / Status [WIP]

I dont think it's leaking without the radio being up broadcasting something, that was my experience.
If it is leaking without AP then its doing it extremely slowly.

beacon transmission or some channel scan ?

No clue, I just had it broadcasting an SSID by default as without it it would not leak

i remember there were some leak also without any ap connected. Just the ssid broadcasting

Yes, that is what I mean, simply broadcasting you dont have to have a client at all.

@Ansuel Does encap/decap offload works without NSS?
I tested with my iPhone 11 and it quickly deauth/dissociate right after it was connected

encap is already implemented by default
decap currently works only with no enc wifi

Yes I am aware encap is already in the upstream.

But it doesn't work for me when I enable it without the decap and NSS wifi offload patch.

EDIT: do you mean no encryption? Now it works for me when there's no encryption

Above 300Mbits on wifi, a single core utilization of nearly 100% is quite visible even on AC. I can imagine that with AX and more speed, it can be even worse. Would be really nice to solve this and the leak.

The only way is to offload WLAN or somehow balance the IRQ-s ath11k processes.
Not to mention that newer driver versions have had more than one patch series that removed unused stuff and improved performance by 5-10% each time.

Hm. Thats new. Did not realized that there are newer drivers. You mean upstream or in QSDK?

Upstream, ath11k gets constant updates.
Its our issue that we are stuck on 5.10.43 based version.

1 Like

Ahh... Thought most of the patches were backported.

No, nowhere near that.
For example PCI stuff is missing all of the fixes + QCN9074.

Only simple or really breaking stuff got backported to 5.10

Unfortunately encap offload still doesn't work with encrtpytion even if I backported some patch related to auth/deauth.

Maybe we should ask on the mailing list?

Feel free, but dont expect much.

Yeah I get what you mean. LOL
I resent the ath10k encap offload path last month and it got deferred without any comments.

But maybe they will be more interested because of ath11k.

I tried asking 3 times about basic stuff like how come ath11k does not work on IPQ807x at all, no reply.
Only the third time where ath11k was crashing IPQ6018 I got a reply from John Crispin who happened to have seen the message.
QCA bothered to reply ony when 80MHz was not working and it was not usefull at all, like have you tried the default config?
Which default config.

So, I really dont expect anything usefull.

Where is ath11k developed?

Not really clear what do you mean by that, but there is a ath11k mailing list and the patches go to the wireless patchwork.