IPQ807X NSS Build

Yes, will have to wait till @Ansuel or @robimarko fixes it.

Yeah, sorry for the issue, I found the root cause now and am looking into a fix

4 Likes

Should be fixed via:

1 Like

Yes it works, thanks a lot for the quick fix.
LEDs still don't work after boot except for the system LED that is green and permanently on. Same errors as above.
Do you know why?

Edit - I played a bit with the LEDs configuration and it seems that LED names were changed (as stated in kernel log due to name collision) and that was the reason they didn't work. I didn't try to reset all settings to deafault to see if they would work without playing with their settings.
Now they are a bit stirred. But switching between the numbers I've found this order of all 9 green coloured LEDs.
I didn't play with amber coloured ones.
Previously the device names matched the LED names.

After every reboot there are same errors as above.

Running for 24 hours. I cannot access my Windows shares on a Laptop (WiFi) over the network from Desktop PC (wired). The reverse case works OK (from Laptop I can access the shares on Deskto PC). I don't know if this is related to the latest changes or there is another reason not related to the NSS WiFi branch recent changes.
Anyone else who uses the latest code seeing same LAN shares issue?
If this cannot be resolved in a few days I will revert to my older build to see if shares would be OK again with it.

I had compile my own build with the newest qosmio's patches.
and everything seems work.
and got this in kernel log

ath11k c000000.wifi: peer ast idx 499 can't be found

Got the same error. Could you resolve the issue?

There are new updates pushed. Try once again.

Edit - Currently running the latest @qosmio NSS WiFI branch with Commits on Feb 16, 2024.
It runs for a few hours. Initially looks like a memory usage has improved but it's still too early to conclude.
All my WiFi clients can now connect without any issues with this build for the first time.
As I was having issues with the File sharing and ping (between some of the WiFi clients) since the previous commits, I've started searching through the OpenWrt issues.
And I found this one that reminded me of this thread and my last post there.
I stopped using Multi to Unicast option as I didn't have any issues for some time but obviously something changed the last two weeks and I was unable to access my file shares on a Laptop.
Now I turned on Multi to Unicast option and I can access file shares and ping the Laptop again.
Running several speedtests I've observed that when Multi to Unicast option was off the speed was anywhere half of the speed when Multi to Unicast option was turned on.
Probably this issue is more related to my observations.

1 Like

Yes I did with the latest qosmio repo.
Still got the error like jackyaway.
Used make -j1 V=sc download clean world

/openwrt-ipq/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/qca-nss-drv-2024-01-04-89cc01b5/nss_rps.c:289:2
4: error: 'nss_rps_ipv4_hash_bitmap_cfg' defined but not used [-Werror=unused-function]
  289 | static nss_tx_status_t nss_rps_ipv4_hash_bitmap_cfg(struct nss_ctx_instance *nss_ctx, int hash_bitmap)
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[5]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:250: /home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/qca-n
ss-drv-2024-01-04-89cc01b5/nss_rps.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [Makefile:2014: /home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/qca-nss-drv-2024-0
1-04-89cc01b5] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/linux-6.1.77'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:307: /home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/qca-nss-drv-2024-01-04-89cc01b5/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/feeds/nss_packages/qca/qca-nss-drv'
time: package/feeds/nss_packages/qca-nss-drv/compile#13.44#1.64#15.00
    ERROR: package/feeds/nss_packages/qca-nss-drv failed to build.
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:128: package/feeds/nss_packages/qca-nss-drv/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:122: /home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq'
make: *** [/home/fuhlyadmin/openwrt-ipq/include/toplevel.mk:232: world] Error 2

Hi there, is there a baseline .config file I could start with? I want to try making a build based on Qosmio's branch. I wanted to make sure I got the correct NSS packages and config values correct. Thanks!

Should be fixed in latest commit:

Glad to hear it's getting more stable! I also included a few patches from ath-next that I hope make into master, primarily the logic related to peer deletion and creation. Also ended up reworking a good chunk of QSDK patches to drop/replace a lot of deprecated API calls.

On a related note, I've also ran into the infamous connection stalling issue a few days ago. Occurred 3-4 times in a span of 24 hours. Everything, even hardwired connections on the switch slow to a crawl, ping times jump to 3000-4000ms, or completely drop. nf_conn_track is flooded and exhausted of all 16k connections.

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago when upstream had that bug in the PHY link not being properly reset during reboots (causing WAN to not come up properly). Doing an /etc/init.d/qca-nss-ecm restart over UART seems to remedy it but couldn't see anything in syslog to indicate the cause.

Going to assume for now it was also related to the pbuf settings (I had it disabled on mine). I've since set it to the 512mb profile and memory usage has stayed before 340mb. Going to hold off on pulling anymore changes for the next week to see how it goes.

4 Likes

Hey, for what system did you build? Could you share them by any change? Thanks in advance

I thought to try even the 256MB profile just to see if the memory usage would change/improve but didn't have enough time for that.
Now I'm still on 1G profile and for now the memory floats around somewhere 300MB and even with torrenting doesn't go below 150MB (before it had dropped to 30MB). But it runs for 12 hours so let's not hurry too much.
I have 5-6 wifi devices most of the time going to 10-12 sometimes so I'm not sure I need much memory for them. @qosmio any thoughts on this?
One important notice I forgot to mention though.
Flashing the latest build the router started working immediately after the first reboot. I was surprised because I had always had to power cycle it (from the power button) once after the first boot in order to start. Otherwise the DHCP couldn't start working properly and devices couldn't get IPs.

I build for QNAP QHora-301W.

Could you share your .config please? I am trying to compile an image for Xiaomi AX3600 with NSS

I'm not sure it will work for you but if you want I'll share it.

I would adapt it for my target, but at the moment, I am searching for a baseline .config that I can change. I would use GitHub Actions to upload the builds publicly. Work in progress can be found here: https://github.com/starraiderx/Qualcommax_NSS_Builder. I found @AgustinLorenzo's config for my target, but he has changed a lot and I wouldn't call that a baseline anymore.

My config is also customized and I wouldn't call it basic. Additionally QNAP has somewhat different hardware (2x10G ports) than AX3600 so it may lead to a complete mess.
You can generate basic one by running make menuconfig and choosing the target You'll build for.

Yes thats what i have done so far but that would be missing all the NSS stuff. I am unsure what to include there.

you can try this https://openwrt.admincomps.ru/nss-wifi/20240201/config.buildinfo

I debloated @AgustinLorenzo config and made it AX3600 specific.
You can find it here: https://github.com/starraiderx/Qualcommax_NSS_Builder/commit/c06b31764835c5fc81ec245a6968db692058bb43

Mind you that the repo is in a complete mess and i am just trying a bunch of stuff. Will create a new repo once i got a working config for ax3600, that is quite minimalistic.