IPQ806x NSS Drivers

When rebasing, I started fresh.

My build completed this morning without issues. SNAPSHOT r14530+373-9085343.
I'm not sure where the build id is coming from

The image (with kernel 5.4.74) is flashed and the router is up for about 1hr.
Hopefully it'll stay up :slight_smile:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong then, afaik it worked before, this is what i did:

git clone -b kernel5.4-nss-qsdk10.0 https://github.com/Ansuel/openwrt.git nss
cd nss
git remote add upstream https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git
git fetch upstream && git rebase upstream/master

Hello all, I have been lurking on this thread for quite a while and it's real good to see the progress that you guys are making. So I was wondering if there is somebody who managed to get the Archer C2600 working. I saw that there were some posts about it in the topic but it's unclear if it is working. Hopefully somebody can share their experiences.

I don't think it works yet, wifi seems to crash?

Thanks, missed that.

I will have a go at it in the weekend. See if it's possible to solve this.

Running @ACwifidude build from Oct 31 on my R7800 and so far no problems. Almost a full 1G up and down (920/930) on the wire. Blazing fast Wifi. I get 168mbps on my phone, 279/216 on an older laptop with an intel card, 89/99 on an RPiB3+ on wifi, 57/65 on a brcmfmac equipped laptop (gotta look into that...)

Is there a reason this is not getting into the base R7800 (IPQ806x-generic_R7800) build?

too much changes to the kernel

1 Like

@shelterx - don’t see any errors in your commands. Tested the exact same commands and looks like it works (maybe the issue was temporary?). You could try grabbing from my github if you want to see if that makes a difference.

Is it enough to clone your repo or do I need to apply some patches on top? So far I was trying like that:

git clone https://github.com/ACwifidude/openwrt/ -b kernel5.4-nss-qsdk10.0
cd openwrt
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
cp ../my-config .config #modified your diffconfig
make menuconfig
make -j8
1 Like

Just pushed a rebase with the latest master opkg fixes.

Yep - if you clone it - you’ll get all the NSS commits already in the branch. As long as you include the NSS packages (I’ve labeled which ones they are in the diffconfig) - you can build it to your liking with those commands.

If you use diffconfig and change it to your preferences you can skip the make menuconfig step. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is what i get when I rebase.

Summary
CONFLICT (file location): target/linux/ipq806x/files-5.4/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_dscpremark_ext.c added in 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config inside a directory that was renamed in HEAD, suggesting it should perhaps be moved to target/linux/ipq806x/files/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_dscpremark_ext.c.
CONFLICT (file location): target/linux/ipq806x/files-5.4/include/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_dscpremark_ext.h added in 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config inside a directory that was renamed in HEAD, suggesting it should perhaps be moved to target/linux/ipq806x/files/include/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_dscpremark_ext.h.
CONFLICT (file location): target/linux/ipq806x/files-5.4/include/linux/regulator/nss-volt-ipq806x.h added in 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config inside a directory that was renamed in HEAD, suggesting it should perhaps be moved to target/linux/ipq806x/files/include/linux/regulator/nss-volt-ipq806x.h.
CONFLICT (file location): target/linux/ipq806x/files-5.4/drivers/regulator/nss-volt-ipq806x.c added in 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config inside a directory that was renamed in HEAD, suggesting it should perhaps be moved to target/linux/ipq806x/files/drivers/regulator/nss-volt-ipq806x.c.
Auto-merging target/linux/ipq806x/files/arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-ipq8065-r7800.dts
error: could not apply 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config
Resolve all conflicts manually, mark them as resolved with
"git add/rm <conflicted_files>", then run "git rebase --continue".
You can instead skip this commit: run "git rebase --skip".
To abort and get back to the state before "git rebase", run "git rebase --abort".
Could not apply 7b3855d6f8... Update target patches and config

I am testing @ACwifidude NSS build since a few days and have some observations:

• 5G falls back from VHT160 to 80 after a few minutes
  • I have managed to crash AP under heavy load (otherwise both R7800 were stable).
    Unfortunately for the crash syslog didn't capture anything.
  • In AP/NAS scenario there is no difference in the performance

Edit: today access point is crashing every few minutes
Edit2: seams reboots were caused by irq affinity settings

x2.

I have two of these routers and willing to get my hands on this!

ok,thanks
I tested it before,but got failed

1 Like

Could you share your code on github, please?

Would you be interested on compiling a bin for the EA7500 V1, please?

Yeah, okay. I don't run VHT160... but then I know. It just isn't stable enough yet.

I did try ACwifidudes repro and built my own image, I ran into trouble with a blinking white led after flashing but I don't think it was related to the NSS sources.

Because same blinking white led showed up when I reflashed to the master build I was running and restored my config :thinking:, I noticed a lot of files changed in the default opemwrt image compared to the sysupgrade backups done during the years, so I started fresh with some configs, apart from dhcp, network, firewall and wifi.

I also found something in the old default OpenWrt config files that might explain why my firewall rules didn't work with the NSS drivers.

I tried to upload it,but it shows"Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 4096kb). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then paste the link?"