Ipq806x NSS build (Netgear R7800 / TP-Link C2600 / Linksys EA8500)

I'm going to test this version that you say, if it holds me, it will be a miracle.

Edit:

Not even 3 hours has the firmware lasted me rock hard. restart at 3 hours. I only have streaming sharing a torrent at about 2mbs upload on a 600mb / 600mb connection. no stable nss firmware for me. XD.

I wouldn't use the NSS build on the main router, but it works fine on the R7800 serving as the wired/wireless bridge.

@xeonpj Try uninstalling DAWN software package.

I think Kong's images don't use that package and the result is the same. it is the torrent that restarts it, the torrent is wired. if I disable torrent the stability is correct. it's something strange

BitTorrent uses predominantly UDP for data transfers right?

@Ansuel fixed a UDP NULL pointer bug with ECM. Did your build include his patch? You can refer to this link to my repo for reference (note this is for QSDK 11.2, but should be applicable to QSDK 10.x as well):

I have no compilation knowledge. I am currently wearing the May 8th acwifi. What image is that patch wearing?

Oh, in that case, maybe @ACwifidude can comment if your 8th May build has this patch? If not, maybe it's good to patch it and test it out.

You can disable UDP in the bittorrent client and not lose anything.

i'm sorry i have to say that, but i've just downloaded a torrent file and the @ACwifidude build is stable (well, i build it by myself, but it's a detail).
I really fear your router can have an hardware problem, are you sure you had no problem with the stock firmware?
have you the torrent client ON the router or BEHIND the router? mine is ON the router, but i also tried with pico-torrent on my laptop pc, another torrent downloaded and router stable.
sorry :frowning:

I can confirm the same, I have both transmission installed in my r7800 and I also run torrent client behind the router and I never experienced any reboot

Interesting. I don’t have that patch. Thanks for the pointer! I’ll try it out.

I checked your GitHub repo for the 21.02 branch. Looks like you already incorporated the patch.

thanks friends for the tests. really the problem is sharing the torrent. normally it downloads well, it is by keeping the torrent sharing when it falls. I never tried the original firm, but I have just compilations, which are 100% stable. I have another friend who shares torrent 24/7 and it happens to him too. I use streaming in synology nas.

i will wait for acwifi friend to add patches and test.

Can someone post a link to the May 8 MasterNSS R7800 image:
R7800-20210508-MasterNSS-sysupgrade.bin?

the partner already published it.

[image]

into what build? Is it safe to assume that master-06-06 has it?

1 Like

Is 21.02 working now ? I found the following issues this week:

All of my multiple WG connections dropped (I have a lot) then 'reboot' from CLI would NOT work at all. I needed a hard power off & most important, is IPSec pass through and all passthrough working ? My cell is Google Fi - wireless calls stopped working but work on other networks and used to work on this fine.

Also, yes i agree this build was good - do you have source to this? GIT does not maintain old source sadly. I would like to grab a copy of this and rebase off of this.

The master build is fixed. I’ll get to 21.02 this weekend and start playing with qsdk11 stuff to see if there is a big difference.

Updates:

• I removed dawn as I was getting some funny handoffs between devices.
  • have both ath10k and -ct firmware/driver builds.
  • all devices should work (let me know what your results look like)
3 Likes

Just updated to the latest build and reset to defaults. I notice I cannot select a channel on the GUI for the 5Ghzband. Seems like it disappeared. On the 2Ghz band it is still there. Odd.

There was a change in OpenWrt base which affected LuCI

Fix has been pushed to the LuCI repo

1 Like