Ipq806x NSS build (Netgear R7800 / TP-Link C2600 / Linksys EA8500)

Problema grande

WinSCP should let you rename it

ls -la /etc/opkg/keys
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 240 Oct 19 12:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 224 Apr 9 2023 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 118 Apr 9 2023 4d017e6f1ed5d616
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 98 Oct 19 12:31 c9dc0a54fd6d36aa
OK I renamed and deleted txt for safety

1 Like

Now do opkg update in putty and let’s see what happens

Signature check passed.
Now I can download the map from luci or always from the terminal

Luci or terminal, no difference

thanks for your patience

No problem! Just let me know if it works

Map-t active and configured works perfectly. The CPU did not suffer from its activation. This is the result of excellent work.

During the tests the CPU remained between 1% and 10% during downloads and from 2% to 26% during uploads, excellent for me before I always had 100%. I need to activate something else irqbalance etc. or is everything already active by default?

I only need the LAN setting, I usually use the LAN output (WLAN) for the home and activate another LAN (with an Ethernet port only for the PC) and call it Gaming so as to make all the changes only on that DSCP device etc. .
As you can see from the test I got a B for bufferbloat which isn't bad given the line speed but I saw people on the forum having high speeds with 0% bufferbloat, I'll take a look around to understand how they did it. Because in game I get bullshit and I don't want it to be because of the bufferbloat, but maybe using dscp from the gaming(pc lan) to the wan I give priority to the pc so as to solve the problem, so even if the bufferbloat is high my call of duty packets will have priority . What do you think?

these are my switch settings I'm wondering if I should put tagged on both CPUs (eth0 and eth1)

SQM is not active by default as it is not active in the vanilla builds.

Feel free to try it out and see if it helps your case. You can follow any of the SQM howtos here. Again, I don’t use it so no guarantees.

Depending on your hardware you may want to lock the cpu governor to performance mode. That might help if the bufferbloat low score is due to jitter. You can find more info on this thread. Means adding a couple echo commands on the startup script (or run on terminal to try out and save yourself the reboot while you experiment).

1 Like

You know way more about this than I do. Not sure I can help you with that until I google the heck out of it.

Just try it out.

There are also a couple threads on DSCP on this forum… none of that is in the build by default so you may need additional packages or scripts to make that work. All modules should be in repo so you should be able to install whatever via luci.

Oh, and one last thing, in case you are a security purist… Go on software through Luci and update any packages that can be updatable. The ssl libraries (open, mTLS, wolf), any libraries and if you are wired, the hostapd to the latest available versions. Unless your router is really running out of space that will leave you with several nice security updates.

1 Like

Hello All

Can anybody explain to me (think please I am dumb)
I just newly installed that after long time and I read lots of pages still couldnt figure out how to enable SQM.

Can anybody help me on this ?
Thanks

Instructions at the following link: Configuring SQM

With the inclusion of sqm-scripts-nss its now even easier.

as I understood from the first posts of this thread luci app sqm is not working with that firmware. Also enabling it not affecting the network

that worked. Finally I was able to get A score on bufferbloat test. Thanks a lot.

Hi, I've tried several times but it doesn't work for me, downloading and uploading remain unchanged.

I use NSS buidli from apccv. These are the steps I performed:

1. I installed luci-app-sqm
  2. then I downloaded this mq-scripts-nss_20230217c-1_all.ipk
    and I installed it via package upload
  3. I set the mega, I checked it and then I selected fq_codel and nss-rk.qos and link layer adjustment on none.
    but no changes to activate else?
    WAN E WAN6 Sono su et0.101
    Maybe it doesn't work with map-t?

Maybe it doesn't work on 22.03.x.

I am trying to get 23.05.0+NSS to build all modules but it is not going well. I see dependency issues with the NSS packages when building everything. Messy slow to track down. With luck I'll clear it soon.

I posted a build for 23.05-rc2 couple months ago. You could try that one but I am really reluctant to recommend it as -rc2 had some issue or other and I personally never used it beyond making sure it powered up. Go for it only if you are really desperate.

1 Like