Ipq806x NSS build (Netgear R7800 / TP-Link C2600 / Linksys EA8500)

I will do it, give me a few hours, unless you are in a hurry. Then, I will upload them to mine.

So basically i can clone directly your repository and build?
it would be nice to add also last @Ansuel 's patch for cpu scaling, have you added it already?
i'll give a try, i just need to add my packages to .config :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not in a hurry, I'm testing CPU frequency patches first. I want to do that for at least a week to get some sense of effect on stability first. My network has a few dumb AP's and always a few IOT devices connected. Some phone home (Philips Hue, Somfy) and some sent frequent MQTT messages over WiFi. Some clients regularly send backups to cloud destinations. I also have IPTV so multicast is also sent over my network. Enough devices I think to keep my R7800 "busy", so if this is stable without unexpected reboots for a week then I'll report to @Ansuel and move on to testing more improvements :nerd_face: :+1:

1 Like

Question for @qosmio : i see the package CONFIG_PACKAGE_MAC80211_NSS_SUPPORT=y
is not present in your code, are we missing something or it's correct? i think this is the package enabling nss acceleration on wifi.. am i wrong?
thanks!

Edit to add: i also get this warning when building

WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-clients/Makefile' has a dependency on 'kmod-qca-ssdk-nohnat', which does not exist

Second edit:
i also get a build error:

cp -fpR feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv/files/nss-firmware/nss_fw_version.h /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-drv-2020-03-20-3cfb9f43/exports/nss_fw_version.h
cp: cannot stat 'feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv/files/nss-firmware/nss_fw_version.h': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [Makefile:180: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-drv-2020-03-20-3cfb9f43/.configured_68b329da9893e34099c7d8ad5cb9c940] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv'
time: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv/compile#0.13#0.00#0.12
    ERROR: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv failed to build.
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:116: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-drv/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:110: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x'
make: *** [/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/include/toplevel.mk:231: world] Error 2

did i forget something?

1 Like

This very informative, as always! Thank you.

@amteza , Thank you! I’ve made the changes to incorporate these into my build as well. So far, so good.

@pattagghiu , are you using the “11.2-K5.15” branch of the NSS packages? There is a line in the Makefile for qca-nss-drv that copies that header file into the proper folder prior to running the build. Can you verify it’s there?

Also, as for the mac80211 NSS option, you can enable that, I did a very barebones config from my own “.config” and must’ve forgot. I also have @Ansuel’s latest Krait-CC and @amteza NAPI polling patches under the branch 5.15-qsdk11-new-krait-cc.

EDIT: @pattagghiu , I just found the bug. I was using the old path for the nss packages in my build which is 'package/qca' vs 'feeds/nss'. Pushed the changes now.

--- a/qca-nss-drv/Makefile
+++ b/qca-nss-drv/Makefile
@@ -156,7 +156,7 @@ ifeq ($(CONFIG_TARGET_BOARD), "ipq806x")
 endif

define Build/Configure
-       $(CP) $(SOURCE)/files/nss-firmware/nss_fw_version.h $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/exports/nss_fw_version.h
+       $(CP) $(TOPDIR)/$(SOURCE)/files/nss-firmware/nss_fw_version.h $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/exports/nss_fw_version.h
4 Likes

Latency is the sum of tx + rx + overhead. The specific needle I was trying to budge was the gross disparity between upload and download
performance on the rrul test here: AQL and the ath10k is *lovely* - #901 by amteza - which we didn't have in 2016. Spending less time processing smaller reads I would have hope to make more time for bigger writes.

Makes sense. I hope this does not result in the device dropping received packets tho. due to limited receive buffer.

thanks man!
I'm gonna try a new build, but i'm not sure about this package. My point is not that the package is disabled, my point is that i can't find the quoted package in menuconfig!
This is from @ACwifidude 's master and is missing in your repo:

1 Like

Found the issue. I forgot to port the Makefile. Should be pushed to both branches (5.15-qsdk11, and 5.15-qsdk11-new-krait-cc)

1 Like

damn i'm in the middle of the build lol
(stupid question incoming) how can i update my local repository without cloning it from scratch? (sorry)

Edit: Build failed. Is this making any sense to you?

/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.c: In function 'netif_rx_nss':
/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.c:2578:32: error: 'struct ieee80211_sub_if_data' has no member named 'rx_queue'; did you mean 'skb_queue'?
 2578 |         skb_queue_tail(&sdata->rx_queue, skb);
      |                                ^~~~~~~~
      |                                skb_queue
/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.c:2580:31: error: 'struct ieee80211_sub_if_data' has no member named 'rx_work'; did you mean 'work'?
 2580 |         schedule_work(&sdata->rx_work);
      |                               ^~~~~~~
      |                               work
/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.c: In function 'ieee80211_rx_8023':
/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.c:4505:39: warning: unused variable 'sdata' [-Wunused-variable]
 4505 |         struct ieee80211_sub_if_data *sdata = rx->sdata;
      |                                       ^~~~~
make[9]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:289: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211/rx.o] Error 1
make[9]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[8]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:552: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/net/mac80211] Error 2
make[7]: *** [Makefile:1898: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1] Error 2
make[6]: *** [Makefile.build:13: modules] Error 2
make[5]: *** [Makefile.real:93: modules] Error 2
make[4]: *** [Makefile:121: modules] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:559: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/backports-5.15.58-1/.built] Error 2
time: package/kernel/mac80211/regular/compile#81.54#5.72#90.98

Before this i got an error building nss_clients, but i forgot to enable build logs so i had to build again and got this..
Thanks!

my router has been running for 10 days with pppoe and ds-lite nss offloading.

I configured my another router enabled CONFIG_PREEMPT.
it detects stall on cpu at vlan_dev_get_stats64, ip6_get_stats, etc without reboots.
now, it's cpu load high.
cat /proc/net/vlan/* is slow and increase cpu load.
I think that it chance to find locking something.
How do I investigate?

First of all, to greet and thank all those who make this wonderful NSS variant possible.

My knowledge is very limited so it is convenient that you question everything before giving it as valid, but I think I can contribute by compiling and testing some of the proposals that you are developing to make this firmware even better. This is the reason why I have registered in the forum and that is why this is my first message.

After the presentation, I have to say that I currently have version 22.03 rebase on 22/09/16.

root@NAS:~# uname -a
Linux NAS 5.10.138 #0 SMP Fri Sep 16 12:11:54 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux

I have no restart problems so far, so reading you I feel lucky.

I don't use pppoe so maybe this is why there are no reboots, but I can change the current settings to connect via ppoe in case testing is needed.

The internet connection is 600/600 with fiber.

So far my presentation.

I've tried to compile @qosmio's variant with no success either.

ERROR: modpost: "nss_tun6rd_tx" [/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/ecm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "nss_tun6rd_get_context" [/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/ecm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "nss_tun6rd_msg_init" [/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/ecm.ko] undefined!
make[5]: *** [scripts/Makefile.modpost:133: /home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/Module.symvers] Error 1
make[5]: *** Deleting file '/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/Module.symvers'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:1813: modules] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/linux-5.15.68'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:328: /home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-ecm-standard/qca-nss-ecm-2022-08-16-bc390e91/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/feeds/nss/qca-nss-ecm'
time: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-ecm/standard/compile#0.39#0.15#0.51
ERROR: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-ecm failed to build (build variant: standard).
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:116: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-ecm/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:110: /home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11'
make: *** [/home/asvio/R7800/R7800-qosmio-5.15-qsdk11/include/toplevel.mk:231: world] Error 2

If you want any more information, you just have to ask.

The current Makefile was pulled from QCA. It’s not very modular in managing dependencies. I had hard coded out a lot of incompatible or unused driver code. I wanted a trimmed up driver to ease debugging. With the goal being enabling drivers that are commonly used by users.

I’ve pushed the change to the Makefile to reenable it. Try now.

the compilation has been successful. I will install it in a few hours

diffconf use

# Use "make defconfig" to expand this to a full .config
CONFIG_TARGET_ipq806x=y
CONFIG_TARGET_ipq806x_generic=y
CONFIG_TARGET_ipq806x_generic_DEVICE_netgear_r7800=y
CONFIG_TESTING_KERNEL=y
# CONFIG_TARGET_DEVICE_PACKAGES_ipq806x_generic_DEVICE_netgear_r7800=""
# CONFIG_ALL_KMODS=y
# CONFIG_TARGET_PER_DEVICE_ROOTFS=y

# exfat is patented
# CONFIG_BUILD_PATENTED=y

# NSS Drivers
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-mcs=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_MAC80211_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-ecm-standard=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-gmac=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_MAC80211_NSS_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-qdisc=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nss-ifb=y

# Optional
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-cfi-cryptoapi=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-crypto=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-igs=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-pppoe=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-pptp=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_nssinfo=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-netlink=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-pppoe=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-l2tpv2=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-tunipip6=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-cfi-cryptoapi is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-crypto is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-capwapmgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-dtlsmgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-gre is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-ipsecmgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-lag-mgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-map-t is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-pptp is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-profile is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-pvxlanmgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-tun6rd is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-vlan-mgr is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-ecm-noload is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-ecm-premium is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-ecm-premium-noload is not set

# Longer waiting for failsafe button push
CONFIG_IMAGEOPT=y
CONFIG_PREINITOPT=y
CONFIG_TARGET_PREINIT_TIMEOUT=5

# Busybox tweaks
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CUSTOM=y
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_SAVEHISTORY=y
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_SAVE_ON_EXIT=y
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_LESS_FLAGS=y
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_LESS_REGEXP=y
CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_LESS_WINCH=y

# Add-on programs
CONFIG_PACKAGE_irqbalance=y
CONFIG_DROPBEAR_ECC=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_openvpn-openssl=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_htop=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-cryptodev=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_libopenssl-devcrypto=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-dnsresolver=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ramoops=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-pstore=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-reed-solomon=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_ddns-scripts-noip=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-pppol2tp=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_ds-lite=y

# USB device mount & file systems support
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_block-mount=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_cryptsetup=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_e2fsprogs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_f2fs-tools=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-ecb=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-xts=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-iv=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-misc=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-user=y 
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-exfat=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-ext4=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-msdos=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-vfat=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-f2fs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-hfs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-hfsplus=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-cifs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-fs-xfs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-base=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-cp1250=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-cp437=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-cp850=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-iso8859-1=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-iso8859-15=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-utf8=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-storage=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-storage-uas=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_libblkid=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_ntfs-3g=y

# IPv6 support
CONFIG_PACKAGE_6in4=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_6to4=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_6rd=y

# WLAN/WPS support
CONFIG_PACKAGE_hostapd-utils=y
CONFIG_WPA_MSG_MIN_PRIORITY=4
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-openssl=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-basic-wolfssl is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_libustream-wolfssl is not set

# SSL certificates
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ca-certificates=y

# Luci statistics
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-statistics=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-conntrack=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-cpufreq=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-dhcpleases=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-entropy=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-exec=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-interface=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-iwinfo=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-load=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-memory=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-network=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-ping=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-sqm=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-thermal=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-wireless=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_collectd-mod-uptime=y

# OTHER APP
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_blockd=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_wireless-tools=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-storage-extras=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_dosfstools=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_exfat-fsck=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_exfat-mkfs=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_ntfs-3g-utils=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_fdisk=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_wget-nossl=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_iperf=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_iperf3=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_mount-utils=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_qrencode=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_NTFS-3G_HAS_PROBE=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_vsftpd=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-printer=y

# Luci app
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-ssl=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-adblock=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-commands=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-dawn=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-ddns=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-hd-idle=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-https-dns-proxy=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-nlbwmon=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-samba4=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-sqm=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-upnp=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-wireguard=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-wol=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-theme-material=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-theme-openwrt-2020=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-openvpn=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-p910nd=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-ssl-openssl=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-banip=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-bcp38=y

#
# Translations
#
CONFIG_LUCI_LANG_es=y
2 Likes

Has anyone compiled a NSS enabled build with kernel 5.15?

@asvio (welcome!) did.
I just started from scratch and building now..

Edit:
i got again error with qca-nss-clients

make[4]: Entering directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/linux-5.15.68'
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/pptp/nss_connmgr_pptp.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/pppoe/nss_connmgr_pppoe.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/nss_qdisc/igs/nss_mirred.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nl.o
<command-line>: error: "NSS_IGS_DEBUG_LEVEL" redefined [-Werror]
<command-line>: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nlipv4.o
  LD [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/pppoe/qca-nss-pppoe.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nlipv6.o
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[7]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:289: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/nss_qdisc/igs/nss_mirred.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:552: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/nss_qdisc/igs] Error 2
make[5]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:552: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/nss_qdisc] Error 2
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nlethrx.o
  LD [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/pptp/qca-nss-pptp.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nldynamic_interface.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nln2h.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nlwifili.o
  CC [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/nss_nllso_rx.o
  LD [M]  /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/netlink/qca-nss-netlink.o
make[4]: *** [Makefile:1898: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/linux-5.15.68'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:633: /home/massi/rutto/qosmio/openwrt-ip806x/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-ipq806x_generic/qca-nss-clients-2020-10-29-ef082a73/.built] Error 2
time: package/feeds/nss/qca-nss-clients/compile#10.45#0.95#7.30

I ask because in his diffconfig all NSS lines are commented (not enabled). Or I'm wrong.

those one ar not commented.

# NSS Drivers
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-mcs=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_MAC80211_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-ecm-standard=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-gmac=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_MAC80211_NSS_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-qca-nss-drv-qdisc=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nss-ifb=y
1 Like

config.buildinfo of compilation.