Inter VLAN connectivity and routing issues

Hello. I am trying to setup 3 VLANS with open interconnectivity on a GL-AXT1800 slate AX router and its impossible so far to get inter VLAN routing finalized.

My internet gateway is a Unifi (UDM) which hosts the main native LAN 10.0.0.0/24 with VLAN ID: 1

I am using the Slate AX router (v21 of Opewrt) internally to host two VLANS
10.10.10.0/24 with VLAN ID 110
and
10.0.8.0/24 with VLAN ID 8

I have been able to define those VLANS on the GLinet router successfully and use them on a managed switch. More specifically I can connect clients to dedicated ports that will get the proper IPs for each VLAN and also all clients have access to the internet through the Unifi router.

However, it's been impossible for clients in each respective VLAN to connect to other's VLAN endpoints using HTTP.
VLAN 110 client cannot connect to the gateway or hosts of VLAN 1 or VLAN 8
VLAN 8 client cannot connect to the gateway or hosts of VLAN 1 or VLAN 110

In all cases the Openwrt can ping all those IPs from the diagnostic page. It's just the VLAN clients unable to route properly across VLANs.

Firewall zones have been defined for all VLANs that are set to accept across the board.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated. It seems I am missing a crucial step.

Please provide a diagram of the network topology. And your config.

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/firewall

EDIT: Nevermind....
Your device is not supported by the official OpenWrt project. It is running vendor firmware that is very heavily modified from the real OpenWrt code. As such, it's not supported here because their changes fundamentally alter the way that OpenWrt works. You should ask on the GL-inet forums/support channels.

1 Like