Integrated PCI Ethernet Not Working or Missing Driver (x86_64 OpenWrt)

you already asked, and got a reply.

Actually, there is an important difference in this readout, [13f0:0200], which indeed confirms the sundance kernel module. As that module is still available in the mainline kernel, getting OpenWrt to support it 'just' involves packaging it up (a steep learning curve for a beginner, but actually one of the easier approaches to support an 'unsupported' device).

If the packaging effort and the learning curve involved is worth is worth it to you (a 100 MBit/s card isn't that interesting/ fitting to an x86_64 sytems, it's slow - not worth the power consumption of a computer; and my experiences with one of its successors, the IC Plus IP1000A, were -to phrase it very diplomatically- 'not very encouraging…'), is another question - but it would be an entry-level development/ packaging challenge.

…personally, I'd package it just for the sake of it, but once confirmed working, I'd still replace it with a cheap-but-reliable Realtek r8168 PCIe card (battle proven chipset, stable and capable of 1 GBit/s).

1 Like

just a small remark, I think the IP100A is a PCI adapter, not PCIe, @kbhatt check what kind if slots you've got available.

Realtek r8168 PCIe card is not available in my country because of another country.

Here is another one TPlink TG3468 is cheap but will this works?

it's not a card, it's the network chip, used by most vendors.

I think it PCI x16..

Think doesn't cut it, if you want to buy the right hw.

Same difference, just a PCI based Realtek r8169, instead of the PCIe variant with r8168. Legacy 32 bit PCI won't quite make 1 GBit/s though, but still better than a 100 MBit/s card - but with throughput requirements that low for a 100 MBit/s ethernet to suffice, an x86 system wouldn't be my first, second or third option (as a ath79, mt7621 or ipq40xx plastic wireless router would almost always be just as good, but cheaper and using less electricity).

Disclaimer: I am a fan of using x86_64 systems with OpenWrt as router, but mostly for WAN connections where this really makes sense (>>>100 MBit/s).

was mainly trying to make OP aware of the fact his hw might not have PCIe slots, it's a 13 y.o NM10
chipset.

1 Like

Which one will try another one TPlink with relatek chipset?
Here is another one TPlink TG3468 that came from relatek chipset?
Is that okay or not?

you'll have to do the leg work, we can't tell.

there are at least four version of the same card, DL the drivers for each and
everyone of them, and see what DLLs they come with, they'll probably be RTL.

risk/chance of it being RTL is pretty high, and most (all ?) of them will be supported
by Linux ( = openwrt support).

Oh you are right ...
I will find out the latest TPlink card which came from Linux driver.
Thank you for your understanding. :hugs: