Installing vlan for fiber 3Play

Hello i need some help to install openwrt to my isp ont, they use vlan100 for internet, vlan101 for voip and vlan 105 for iptv.

On the openwrt switch meno they have 2 vlans by default, i have to create new vlans and how i tag

Post your current "/etc/config/network" file here.

How i do what im new on openwrt, its by ssh

Yes, just connect by SSH, then execute "cat /etc/config/network", and paste the results here (do not forget to use the </> button for proper formatting).

1 Like
config interface 'loopback'
        option ifname 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fdeb:6083:f7cb::/48'

config interface 'lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'

config interface 'wan'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option ifname 'eth1.100'

config interface 'wan6'
        option proto 'dhcpv6'
        option ifname 'eth1.100'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '1'
        option vid '1'
        option ports '0 2 3 5t'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '2'
        option ports '4t 6t'
        option vid '100'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '3'
        option vid '101'
        option ports '1 4t 6t'

I guess WAN is working, isn't it? At least, that is exactly how I would have configured it...

For VoIP, I see you have tried to use port 1 and direct all the traffic there, is that working? Depending on your provider, you will have to create a DHCP client on the router, and use NAT to serve the clients, or even a BIRD4 client.

IPTV is a bit different, and (again) depending on your provider, more complicated. But the first step is the same as the VoIP.

Yes Wan is working and the VoIP service is working as well not in port 1 but on port 3.

My problem is because i delete the default vlan2, and the 2 cpu (eth0 and eth1), i read that eth0 is for lan switch and eth1 is for Wan thats right?

The port numbers in the chip don't always match the manufacturer's marking on the case. Plug and unplug cables while watching the status screen to be sure which one is which.

You can use the two CPU ports for any purpose but the default configuration starts out with eth0 as lan and eth1 as wan and there is usually no need to change that. As far as the wan you are just changing the number from 2 to 100 and making it tagged on the external port to the modem.

If the phone ATA expects tagged packets you'd make its port tagged. Services that just switch through the hardware switch without needing attention of the router CPU can be left out of the CPU port entirely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.