Installing QoS

Hello,
I am using OpenWrt version 22.03.0.
When I installed the following packages:

qos-scrip / luci-app-qos / luci-i18n-qos-de

I got the following message when I clicked on the "Status / Firewall" menu:

Old rules recognized
There are old iptables rules on the system. Mixing iptables and nftables rules is not recommended and may result in incomplete filtering of network traffic.
In the system log I see the following message:

Fri Nov 4 23:48:14 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: ip6tables-legacy tables present, use ip6tables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:14 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: iptables-legacy tables present, use iptables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:14 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: ip6tables-legacy tables present, use ip6tables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:14 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: iptables-legacy tables present, use iptables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:16 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: ip6tables-legacy tables present, use ip6tables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:16 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: iptables-legacy tables present, use iptables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:16 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: ip6tables-legacy tables present, use ip6tables-legacy to see them
Fri Nov 4 23:48:16 2022 daemon.notice procd: /etc/rc.d/S50qos: # Warning: iptables-legacy tables present, use iptables-legacy to see them

How do I get the iptables rules in the new nftables rules?
I would be happy about a tip.
Greetings from Stefan Harbich

hi

opkg update opkg install iptables-nft and ip6tables-nft :wink:

The packages (iptables-nft and ip6tables-nft) were already installed. Do I have to uninstall the old packages (iptables and ip6tables)?
Or do I have to rewrite the following rules? See Attachement.

I doubt there has been much (any) focus on the old QoS packages in recent years, as most users are using sqm instead.

Can I use "SQM" to prioritize network traffic based on addresses, ports or services?

The semantics are different, qosify/ eBPF and diffserv3 would be hints to look further.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.