Installing OpenWrt on RE200 v1

Hi!
Got a RE200 given by a buddy and to my surprise changes all the MAC addresses of devices connecting to it... so I was looking at installing OpenWrt, read the doc but can't seem to compile the GUI tools:

make[2]: WINDEPLOYQT_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/openwrt-imagetool.dir/build.make:159: openwrt-imagetool] Error 127
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:83: CMakeFiles/openwrt-imagetool.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2

and then trying the manual method, getting stuck with... compiling mktplinkfw .

I'm using Fedora and have no Windows at all.

Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Fred

no need, unless you want bleeding edge snapshots .... ?

not at all.. but I read on that specific page:

1. Installation [...]
  2. Web Interface Method: WARNING: As of 2020-11-23 there seem to be issues with this approach and you need to prepare the image.
    => this is what I am doing.
    So what other method would you be refering to for the non-snapshot version? If the serial interface, my extender is plugged high in the wall and I was thinking not to go get a ladder, unplug it and [...] and replug it.

use the manual dd method ?

Yes you mean the manual method below. So I did that but then I'm struggling to compile mktplinkfw to get the right md5 sum. So while I do have the correct firmware I still need to extract the MD5 sum and then hex edit that value inside the code.

Managed to compile (with a bit of help from the dev section) on Fedora, binary seems ok and I'll flash tomorrow. A bit late tonight for me to start something and ... ooops! :wink: