Installing OpenWrt on AC1750 v5

After installation of openwrt i am unable to ping the ip, access the router using 192.168.1.1.
ssh to the router but i can connect to the router using ethernet cable and its giving my device an ip.have i bricked the router?

you can connect to it, but you're unable to access it ?

How does that work ?

Hi Frolic what i meant was i cant pig it , i cant access the router by ssh or web. Installed
was openwrt-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v5-squashfs-factory
error when trying to ssh ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.1 port 22: Connection timed out.

Did you use TFTP ?
In that case, do it again and use
http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.5/targets/ath79/generic/openwrt-19.07.5-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v5-squashfs-factory.bin instead.

the snapshot woudn't have web UI installed, but ssh should always work.

1 Like

TFTP nope i just upgraded the firmware directly and upgraded from the portal.I cant reinstall the suggested firmware because i am unable to access the router in any way. I am wondering if i have bricked the router

In that case, you should use TFTP as recovery

Let me do that to let you know of the progress

Fingers X:ed.

Don't forget to disable your FW.

@frollic and i am stuck i have installed the TFTP server but i still cant connect, the server has been set to .66 trying to access the client using .88

You should be able to see the TFTP request coming from the router, once you've
initiated the TFTP recovery using the reset button.

So it's either wrong IP, or a firewall issue.

Some people say it helps to connect the computer and the router via
a switch.

Read this too Flashing a TP-Link Archer C7 V5.0 in detail

It was the wrong IP issue.Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.