Installing on o2 Box 6431

Hi Folks,
as my good old WRT54GL stopped working after years of running I need to find something new.
As a good successor I want to switch to OpenWrt
I do have an old O2 Box 6431 in my cellar, using it only for same basic stuff like firewall, DHCP and OpenVPN.

Installing was done properly according the following link
Problem is that I could only install version OpenWrt 18.06.5 r7897-9d401013fc.
Update to current release 22.03.2 is not possible :frowning: - Every time I try to flash openwrt-22.03.2-lantiq-xrx200-arcadyan_vgv7510kw22-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin using web-interface. I do get the following error: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Any idea whats going wrong? Do I need to create also a 16MiB file for the lates version?
Thanks a lot!

This is because there have been major changes between 18.06 and 22.03, so a direct upgrade is not possible. As a note, settings are not compatible, so be absolutely certain to not keep settings (i.e. allow it to reset to defaults) when you do the upgrades.

You may be able to upgrade to 21.02 and then to 22.03. If not, try 19.07 first.

Thanks a lot!! This really helped to update to the latest version :slight_smile:

Awesome!

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Hi, I tried. But there is no pencil to edit :frowning:

1 Like

No problem. I'll take care of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.