Installing a wlan dongle

Hello there, noob here.
I am trying to install a wlan dongle on my raspberry pi 3b running openwrt.
The dongle shows up when the USB devices are listed with lsusb, but when i try to
activate it via ifconfig wlan1 up i get an error message ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device.
It also doesn't show up in luci.

I am not sure on what to do so any kind of help would be nice.
Thanks

Which dongle, post the dmesg and lsusb output, and intended use case.

AVM Berlin FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO, also recognized with complete description in lsusb, I was trying to follow this tutorial , so use case would be as a second wifi antenna providing a wlan hotspot.

that should be something like MT7610U, have you installed that drivers?

Yess i did.

Also tried it with an TP-Link Archer T2UH.

I am not sure if the driver was correctly installed. Is there a way to manually install it?

opkg update; opkg install [package]

opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package MT7610U

Is there a packages named MT7610U ?

On the MediaTek page it's named like that. On the download page its name mt7601u. Both don't work.

MTs drivers have nothing to do with openwrt, name wise.

And no, there's no package called mt7601u in the dir you're linking to.

I found this one mt7601u-firmware_20211216-1_aarch64_cortex-a53.ipk in the directory but as i first said i am a noob and have no idea what i am doing and what this means.

Perhaps you should try doing this via the web interface instead.

The package would be called mt7601u-firmware.

good idea. okay well found it. Package mt7601u-firmware (20211216-1) installed in root is up to date.

Try surfing to 192.168.1.1 to start with.

Sorry what do you mean with surfing?

Use a browser?

Ah yes. So you mean the web gui? I was there trying to install the package and it said the message that it is already installed.

Well i think we are not going to solve this today, so thanks @frollic for trying🤝.