I'm trying to install OpenWRT on my MyBook Live as there have been some security issues with the WD firmware.
I'm following this manual: Beginners guide to installing OpenWrt on MyBookLive
- Install image -> works
- Initial boot-up, change PW -> works
- Change IP address etc -> works
- Installing samba, fdisk, etc -> works
- Create new partition with fdisk -> applying commands works, after reboot sometimes device is not reachable anymore
- In case reboot works: Mounting new partition -> applying commands works, after reboot device is not reachable anymore
I tried different IP configs (fixed IP, DHCP client) as well as not changing IP -> no effect
The observation that it sometimes fails a step earlier puzzles me the most.
Any idea what's going wrong?